Would you still play games like rope skipping

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Re: Would you still play games like rope skipping

Post by Bluecobia »

I was never good at skipping rope. Now my knees would not let me. I do however enjoy playing other games outdoor games and board or card games.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
Vivian Paschal
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Currently Reading: Southern Cross
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-paschal.html
Latest Review: What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G by Herbert Scholes
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by Vivian Paschal »

I'm grateful I got to ply some of these games as a kid. With so many activities taking your time as an adult it's very difficult to even make time to reminisce on your past. If I get the chance, I'll still play some of those games even at this time.
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

Rope skipping is one of the exercises, or games if you will, which I still miss. Although, I still keep a skipping rope and plan to use it, I have not been able to factor the activity into my schedule. But, if I have any opportunity to rope-skip either as an individual or with friends, I will not hesitate to get skipping!
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
Steph K
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steph-k.html
Latest Review: Ever After by H M Irwing

Post by Steph K »

I do play games (not necessarily rope skipping) that don't need technology with my friends. We play many different card and board games. We do use phone apps to keep score, so I guess even then technology is involved in our lives somewhat.
Atabon Della
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atabon-della.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Atabon Della »

Well, if I had the opportunity to, I would rather play rope skipping. But theses days, people seem too busy to play the physical games. What are they busy doing.... ??? I don't know!!!
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

Yeah, I would gladly do that. Today's kids are crazy, haha, sorry for that word I mean it in the lightest possible way. This world needs to go back to the old eras quickly before the fabric of all our values rots all the way. But then it is written so.
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Ljessup
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ljessup.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Ljessup »

I make my son play games I used to play as a child daily. There are some days that he is reluctant to give my suggestions a try, but it is always a good time in the end. He also has an educational tablet, and plays Lego games on the ps4 occasionally, but we spend most of our days playing make believe, dressing up, hopscotch, chalk drawing, rope skipping, or skip-it (that toy that has the ball attached at the end that you have to jump over). These are the things he will remember and I think it provides a rich childhood for him! I do enjoy the technology available these days though.
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

I wouldn't mind rope skipping because it will be a way of keeping fit.
mumoscar
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mumoscar.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Someday by M. Acen
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mumoscar »

We often go for retreats with our Church youth and they like these simple games so much. I can assure you that it's fun to remind yourself of your past youthful life.
Mindi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindi.html
Latest Review: The Promise by Hank Ellis

Post by Mindi »

I love the games that used to define childhood before technology took over! I would definitely love it if more children these days took interest in those simpler, yet fun types of activities.
Alice Josephs
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Alice Josephs »

iam a member of rotaract club and one of the various activities is visiting children homes.,i love playing with kids and skipping rope is my favourite activity.I still skip rope now
Ana Njeri
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-njeri.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ana Njeri »

It's going to be weird to start playing rope skipping right now at my age. But I would skip a rope for exercise reasons.
A ship is safe in the harbor but that's not what ships are for. So be the person outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, that's the person you want to be.
eelavahs-jay
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by eelavahs-jay »

I think most people (especially adults) would only jump rope for the sake of exercising these days. It was just the other day I was thinking how I'd probably only be able to jump 20 times before passing out from exhaustion. As a kid the jump rope and hoops were my favourite ways of passing the time. But now, I'd honestly not have time nor energy for that which is sad. I don't even own one anymore. I probably should get one, but I'd just be burning fat that I haven't got to spare lol.
Marie Kala
Currently Reading: The Mirror Thief
Bookshelf Size: 69

Post by Marie Kala »

I would definitely skip rope. There is something very different between playing a game with other people (who are all in the same physical space) while moving your body, and sitting somewhere, often alone, playing an electronic game. Now, I am certainly guilty of more than a few hours spent on a device playing when I could have been doing something else, more healthy, so I think that both can be entertaining, which is their goal.
RegularGuy3
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regularguy3.html
Latest Review: Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger

Post by RegularGuy3 »

My kids play a good mix of both traditional games and iPad/video games, I think. It's nice to have the option, although I'm still not sure of the long-term value of screen games.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”