Does love fade away or is Romance merely a fantasy?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Ghada TG
Currently Reading: Heartaches
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghada-tg.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by Ghada TG »

Books grant us an immense picture of how things should be, how couples should behave. The imagery of how love is and should be perceived masters any other derivation that is in a way less than perfect. It is often said that love seas beyond the imperfections and similarities may resides in the differences, but how much different a couple can get to redeem incompatible? Or does opposites really attract? If so, once the attractions are gone what is left? Isn’t it mere incompatibilities and differences that would create more opposition and henceforth demand lots of work? Shouldn’t love be the easiest fall anyone has to do, or is it just another shore of our human existence?
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

It all varies from person to person, from personality to personality. You can look at Yasser's case, who married because he felt he was in love. however, it later turns out that he was trapped in his marriage. or you can look at Elias, who did not even realize till then that he was in love with Mallika. I agree that they weren't together in the end, but they still loved each other, and it's the love that actually counts...
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna
Vallen Kale
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vallen-kale.html
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Vallen Kale »

I have actually been struggling with the same question. Does love fade away? Is romance a fantasy? From my ver limited experience, I think love (or romance) is like fire. It's burning bright and beautiful. Still, you have to keep the flame burning with logs of wood or twigs of branches. If you cannot keep it alive, it goes away and you have to make a new one.

When the attractions are gone, what is left for us to do is understanding. We may not find each other as alluring as before, but the connection is stil there and I think it is 'understanding'. After all, love transcends every layer of life. Understanding does the same thing.
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: All That I Love by Hina Yu Cao

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Love does not fade away. It is unconditional. Love is not limited when someone is wealthy or healthy. It always persevere, understand and thoughtful. Love is best define according to the types of love you have.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
FireFairy
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=20590">A Court of Thorns and Roses</a>
Currently Reading: Deity
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firefairy.html
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by FireFairy »

Love is not easy. Love will always be a choice because yes you can fall in love, but you can also fall out of love. The couple has to work through their problems and differences to make love work for them; if they choose to give up then the love is over. I love romance books, but it is a common misconception that love does not take work. Love takes lots of work, and tough decisions. If you're not willing to work for it and work through the hard times as well as celebrate the good times then you might not ever have love. To a certain extent we humans can except each others flaws and quirks, but there is a limit to how much every couple can take. Sometimes a person's quirks are just too much for another person, and this is okay. It's also possible to have a near perfect seamless love, but it is very very rare. This doesn't mean you shouldn't hope for love or a partner whose flaws you can accept, it just means that to look for perfection right off the bat or to look for a relationship with no problems will greatly lower your chances of finding someone to spend the rest of your life with. This post is not meant to be gloomy, but rather realistic and to teach people not to search for the impossible because even near perfect couples still fight sometimes.
Ghada TG
Currently Reading: Heartaches
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghada-tg.html

Post by Ghada TG »

Interestingly enough, though perfection might be unattainable in love or otherwise it is nonetheless advised for love to be easy, since it is the only thing in the world that anyone can afford loving someone should be the easiest thing one can do. Love is the noblest emotion in our human existence, and yet most relationships are hard work. I guess the distinction here lies in the fine line between being in love and being in a relationship. Though love is a given relationships are a struggle. Therefore the trouble here is not our differences that prevent us from loving someone, love is blind and we are often able to adore someone in spite of their flaws. yet marriage and relationships in general makes it a shore that spending the rest of your life with someone demands a certain understanding similarities and boundaries on love, which these social construct, destroys the purity of the feeling and scars unconditional love that it begins to fade and thus needs more work to keep alive or reignite.
Manali_DC
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manali-dc.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Post by Manali_DC »

Love does not fade away. Love is what remains when the romance has dimmed a bit but you still know that this is the person you would still spend your life with.
Lest92
Currently Reading: Oil and Marble
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lest92.html
Latest Review: The Everywhere Spirit by Nicholas Applin

Post by Lest92 »

I think we have an idealised notion of what love should be. It can fade and romance is froth; if we want to love others, we need a certain distance in order to see them in their entirety and to evaluate in a rational way what the relationship means to us and what we and our partners gain from it. We also need to reflect and understand how we really feel - thus, a more cerebral approach to love and relationships might help us maintain our relationships.
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

Love in a romantic relationship is complicated. When you are in a romantic relationship, a lot of people think that just because you are in love that everything will be fine and happily ever after. Relationships are hard work and there are a lot of other factors that come into play besides love. I have friends who were divorced but were still in love with each other but due to communication and other factors the relationship was better left dissolved. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Love won't determine if the relationship will succeed but the people in the relationship will.

I met my husband when I was 13 years old. We became best friends and we have been married 8 years and have 2 kids. It wasn't easy and sometimes it was hard. But we are still together and both still very much in love.
TrepurA
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by TrepurA »

Love is not a fantasy, it is intangible, and can only be realized in an intrinsic state; that is you can only experience and enjoy love if you are actually in love. There is no manual of how to treat someone when you are in love with that person. It stands to reason that any love action by a couple is subject to trial and error. Persons fall in love without knowing each other, good and bad mannerism. Love attachments are largely done from a distance- no one knows whether it will work or not. It stands that trial and error is going to test your ', love affair' If the reason why you fall in love is not strong enough to withstand the testing; your love affair is certain to crumble. There is nothing wrong with love if you are not prepared to make the sacrifice in love, it becomes selfish and lacks a solid foundation.Romance without love becomes a mere fantasy.
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

Love can never fade away. It is a very pure feeling. It is very real and not a fanracy.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
WestIndie001
Favorite Author: James M. Gabagat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-westindie001.html
Latest Review: "Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from THE TOXIC AVENGER" by Jeffrey W. Sass
fav_author_id: 125024

Post by WestIndie001 »

If the love is real, I don't feel it'll ever fade away. It shouldn't. Romance seems like self-indulgence to me, an unnecessary luxury--yeah, a fantasy.
Latest Review: "Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from THE TOXIC AVENGER" by Jeffrey W. Sass
Mommie Dear
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mommie Dear »

The only thing that remains is Love...everything else fades away..but love remains.. :)
Yemurai
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yemurai.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Yemurai »

I think love does not fade but, other elements of the relationship do and some people don't take it well that's why it might feel like love has faded.
yassin oluga oneko
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by yassin oluga oneko »

if it was love in first place and not lust, then one would say love does not fade away, however if it was lust then surely at some point it will end or fade away.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”