Single women are tough headed

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Makena Mugendi
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makena-mugendi.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Re: Single women are tough headed

Post by Makena Mugendi »

Jeconiaomolo wrote: 13 Jul 2017, 07:47 I appreciate all your opinions. I would just add a small comments on hsimone's

hsimone, you See the child is not only her's but also her ex-husband's. Why must she report her ex even after being advised that it was her clan's decision to forgive the offending family? This shows no respect to her clan's decision.
It is not good to despise your people's opinions.
Because her child was hurt. First, he took his son to his wedding without informing the mother, where they went ahead to shoot indiscriminately, injuring the boy. She didn't go on a rampage, she just reported the matter. If it was such a non-issue, it should not have been made such a case. The problem was they felt a woman should have no say on her child's life, and that is an outrage.
I think you have a right to an opinion and I'm not trying to negate your point, but I just differ from yours and I hope you see where I'm coming from.
onixpam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onixpam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by onixpam »

I think Nadia did the right thing, the world is not ruled by men, and women and men have the same rights, if someone gets hurt, especially with a gunshot, must be reported, we cannot support a corrupt society.
jvez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvez.html
Latest Review: The Providence of Fortune by T. K. Love

Post by jvez »

A woman can be strong, whether single or not. There are also some single women who are meek. It depends on the person's character and experiences in life. Some people just toughen up as they go through more trials in life.
Amondi Oluoch
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amondi-oluoch.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Amondi Oluoch »

It's not a matter of single mothers being tough headed. I think it's the strong hatred they usually develop once they file for a divorce. Then I'm left wondering where the initial love went to.
Lol.
Single mothers are tough headed.
Lol.
I just can't get over this.
Lol.
When it comes to directing the world to work with you, age doesn't matter, race doesn't matter, origin doesn't matter.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

Swara Sangeet wrote: 13 Jul 2017, 07:51 I find no fault in what Nadia did. I don't think we can generalize any group of people in any way, single women included. I think everyone should stand up for themselves and fight for what is right. That's exactly what Nadia did! She was polite and kind, but when neither her boss nor her relatives heeded her, she fought for her right. Hat's off to you, Nadia! I'm sure you're an inspiration to many!!!
I agree with you that we cannot generalize any group based on the character of one individual. That would be detrimental.
10mile72
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-10mile72.html
Latest Review: Marriage 101 by Rodney D Sewell

Post by 10mile72 »

I think in Nadia's case she had to be tough because of the sexist culture of her ex-husband's country, but I don't think most single women are any tougher than married women. Just my opinion. :cry:
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

Single women have a lot of stigmas against them, such as being too overbearing or bossy. It's better to be independent than to be a pushover. Nadia's motivations were for her son's benefit, especially since he was a big fan of Adele. As for her reporting the actions of her ex, it wasn't the fact the action was not a good decision, it was more dangerous than anything. At least here we can serve our exes with papers to keep them away.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

Nadia was my favorite character in this book. I felt like I was right beside her as she went through all this stuff because of her ex husband. She was strong throughout, doing what was best for her and her son.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

Single mothers are not tough headed. Nadia wasn't tough headed. She did all she did for her son. Which mother wouldn't do that for her dear child? Nadia's ex-husband tried severally getting back to Nadia using the son but she was strong. She conquered it all.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

I think some are tough headed, others are not. It just really depends on the person.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”