Is it true women try to please their men?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Is it true women try to please their men?

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

In the story both Lara and Nadia have issues with their men. Nadia thinks that Lara's case is just like many unhappy stories she has been coming across every day of women trying to please their men. She is even worried why men and women relationship could not be based on satisfaction and control. Do you agree with Nadia that in relationships it is women trying to please their men or the opposite?
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Jeconiaomolo wrote:In the story both Lara and Nadia have issues with their men. Nadia thinks that Lara's case is just like many unhappy stories she has been coming across every day of women trying to please their men. She is even worried why men and women relationship could not be based on satisfaction and control. Do you agree with Nadia that in relationships it is women trying to please their men or the opposite?
I disagree with her. I think both sides should try to please each other, but they should do it out of love and not out of duty.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
DarleneCabrera
Currently Reading: Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlenecabrera.html
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey

Post by DarleneCabrera »

Yes. I do agree. Women should always serve their man. And vice versa
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey
Margaret Ekaette Olusanya
Currently Reading: Forever Twelve
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Margaret Ekaette Olusanya »

Oh yes! Women truly love to please their men. Although it shouldn't be a one sided thing(in several cases both party tries to please each other) but women do not just try to please their men - We Love to. So they end up being one interesting "Super woman" just so he(the man) is pleased, satisfied and proud of them (the woman).
Talha Mahmood
Currently Reading: The Secret City
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-talha-mahmood.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Talha Mahmood »

In reply to this question, the answer will always be YES. Evert woman try her best to win the heart of her man and its a fact.

-- 12 Jul 2017, 03:28 --

In reply to this question, the answer will always be YES. Every woman tries her best to win the heart of her man and its a fact.
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD
margy wangari
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by margy wangari »

In reply to this question...women try their level best to try to please their men. Each and every woman has got her own reasons as to why to please her man.
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

I really like your responses. I thank all of you,your ideas are very interesting and important.
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
Emmaky
Currently Reading: The Wicked Wives
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmaky.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by Emmaky »

I think women have that nurturing spirit and in turn try to nurture their relationships and this comes off as trying to please their men.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Jeconiaomolo

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

Emmaky wrote:I think women have that nurturing spirit and in turn try to nurture their relationships and this comes off as trying to please their men.
I agree with you but I don't think all women actually do that. Although a good number usually do have nurturing spirit but there are also some isolated cases. Thanks
Socrates
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote:
Jeconiaomolo wrote:In the story both Lara and Nadia have issues with their men. Nadia thinks that Lara's case is just like many unhappy stories she has been coming across every day of women trying to please their men. She is even worried why men and women relationship could not be based on satisfaction and control. Do you agree with Nadia that in relationships it is women trying to please their men or the opposite?
I disagree with her. I think both sides should try to please each other, but they should do it out of love and not out of duty.
I agree with gali on this one, as well. Both sides should try to please each other, but out of love and not duty. Marriage is not a duty, but is done out of love that is shared between two people.
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Jeconiaomolo

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

hsimone wrote:
gali wrote:
I agree with gali on this one, as well. Both sides should try to please each other, but out of love and not duty. Marriage is not a duty, but is done out of love that is shared between two people.
Oh yes, I concur with you.
Socrates
Athena Moon
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3217">The Lovely Bones</a>
Currently Reading: The Piketty Problem
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena-moon.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Athena Moon »

Absolutely. I want to give everything to the man I love. Provide comfort, sex, love, motivation, inspire him. Of course those aren't freebies, if I get what I need from him, I would easily give up my independence and sacrifice myself, and I want to do it naturally. From my point of you, as a poly, if I am not enough for him, I would be happy if someone else could satisfy his needs. Honestly I don't understand why women would confine their men if they are not pleasing them enough.
Cheeky
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 22">Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks</a>
Currently Reading: Lost Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheeky.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Cheeky »

I do believe that the woman is the one who caters and tries to make the man happy.
Most definitely.But speaking as a woman- I think it's time for a role reversal.
Peta2017
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peta2017.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Peta2017 »

Yes, I would say so. Society consciously and unconsciously sends this message of 'women pleasing their men' as the 'right' thing to do. We see it all the time in the books we read or on the television through advertisements, movies etc.

-- 13 Jul 2017, 09:08 --

There is nothing wrong with trying to please your partner. It is just that it should be an equal effort and not a one sided affair.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

I find this question to have some unpleasant connotations.

Every partner should try to please their significant other, regardless of gender. However, I don't think either side should just expect to be catered to, which is what comes to mind with this phrasing (like I said, connotations).

I believe a lot of women still have the unfortunate mindset that it's expected of them, but that some honestly enjoy it. I also believe that it should never be taken for granted, on either side.
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”