Fidelity vs. infidelity

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
yellosteel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Fidelity vs. infidelity

Post by yellosteel »

Right on gali! I sure got carried away.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

yellosteel wrote:Right on gali! I sure got carried away.
It is ok. :) And I do agree with you that "getting involved emotionally with another person is an indication of a crack in that relationship".
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
SilviaP21
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silviap21.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by SilviaP21 »

Even without the physical contact it still counts as cheating. If you have to hide it, if it makes you feel guilty and if it makes your partner feel betrayed, then it's cheating.
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
gali

Post by gali »

SilviaP21 wrote:Even without the physical contact it still counts as cheating. If you have to hide it, if it makes you feel guilty and if it makes your partner feel betrayed, then it's cheating.
A good point! If you feel you have to hide it, it is cheating. Otherwise, why hide it?!
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

Morally, I agree that it is wrong that Yasser was flirting with another woman whilst in a relationship. However, let me offer a definition to be considered:
Extramarital affairs are relationships outside of marriage where a sexual relationship or a romantic friendship or passionate attachment occurs.
I think sexual relationship is the key word, and flirting over the phone will not count as an affair in any court
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
gali

Post by gali »

Ssinghal wrote:Morally, I agree that it is wrong that Yasser was flirting with another woman whilst in a relationship. However, let me offer a definition to be considered:
Extramarital affairs are relationships outside of marriage where a sexual relationship or a romantic friendship or passionate attachment occurs.
I think sexual relationship is the key word, and flirting over the phone will not count as an affair in any court
I think that he did more than flirting on those calls... Anyway, we are not talking about strict definitions, but about the morality of the issue.
A retired Admin/Mod

Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html

Post by Ssinghal »

gali wrote:
Ssinghal wrote:Morally, I agree that it is wrong that Yasser was flirting with another woman whilst in a relationship. However, let me offer a definition to be considered:
I think that he did more than flirting on those calls... Anyway, we are not talking about strict definitions, but about the morality of the issue.
As far as morality is concerned, I don't think what Miriam did was very right either. She twisted all his words and argued with him for no reason whatsoever. Isn't that morally wrong as well?
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
gali

Post by gali »

Ssinghal wrote:
gali wrote:

As far as morality is concerned, I don't think what Miriam did was very right either. She twisted all his words and argued with him for no reason whatsoever. Isn't that morally wrong as well?
I agree that what Miriam did was wrong. That aside, how would he have felt if she had sex calls with another man? I am sure he wouldn't have liked it, to say the least.
A retired Admin/Mod

Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Post by Jeyran Main »

Cheating is cheating when you are emotionally involved with someone else other than your partner.
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards
gali

Post by gali »

Jeyran Main wrote:Cheating is cheating when you are emotionally involved with someone else other than your partner.
Indeed it is! Yasser probably felt the same as his conscience bothered him.
A retired Admin/Mod

Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote:
Jeyran Main wrote:Cheating is cheating when you are emotionally involved with someone else other than your partner.
I absolutely agree. Though Miriam may be difficult to deal with, having sexual calls with someone else is even worse. Here's my thought - one probably shouldn't propose after just six months in knowing someone (because you can't really know someone in just six months), and if the relationship isn't working, then leave it.

Whatever Yaser does after leaving the relationship is his business, but he is still a committed man. Anyone who gets married has a responsibility in being faithful, both physically and, especially, emotionally. Being emotionally invested in someone else, especially in the fashion that he took, does not show love, commitment, or respect. These are biggies in a relationship. Therefore, what he did was absolutely cheating.

Great question, gali!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
gali

Post by gali »

hsimone wrote:
gali wrote:
I absolutely agree. Though Miriam may be difficult to deal with, having sexual calls with someone else is even worse. Here's my thought - one probably shouldn't propose after just six months in knowing someone (because you can't really know someone in just six months), and if the relationship isn't working, then leave it.

Whatever Yaser does after leaving the relationship is his business, but he is still a committed man. Anyone who gets married has a responsibility in being faithful, both physically and, especially, emotionally. Being emotionally invested in someone else, especially in the fashion that he took, does not show love, commitment, or respect. These are biggies in a relationship. Therefore, what he did was absolutely cheating.

Great question, gali!
Well said! You summed it up perfectly! :tiphat:

Thank you! :) .
A retired Admin/Mod

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Someone above brought up flirting. I will say that while I would not want my husband to flirt with another woman, I am under no illusions that I am the only woman he ever looks at. I know that he will find other women attractive, and I'm okay with that. As long as he is not emotionally involved. As long as he still considers me beautiful and comes home to me. As long as he is still committed to me.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote:
hsimone wrote:
gali wrote:

Great question, gali!
Well said! You summed it up perfectly! :tiphat:

Thank you! :) .
Thank you! :tiphat:
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
gali

Post by gali »

kandscreeley wrote:Someone above brought up flirting. I will say that while I would not want my husband to flirt with another woman, I am under no illusions that I am the only woman he ever looks at. I know that he will find other women attractive, and I'm okay with that. As long as he is not emotionally involved. As long as he still considers me beautiful and comes home to me. As long as he is still committed to me.
I agree and feel the same. Looking is ok, as long as one doesn't do more than looking.
A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”