Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Pm7lucas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400699169

Re: Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

Post by Pm7lucas »

I really do think men and women think differently about a lot of things. It takes continual communication and work to keep a relationship healthy.

Paula :D
"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

My take: The basic differences are biological. History, culture and environment widen the gap. Communication, acceptance, and forgiveness are the major tools in nurturing any relationship.
WestIndie001
Favorite Author: James M. Gabagat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-westindie001.html
Latest Review: "Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from THE TOXIC AVENGER" by Jeffrey W. Sass
fav_author_id: 125024

Post by WestIndie001 »

I think it's the mystery and the significant differences--even though we sometimes hate it--that attract the sexes to one another. Human nature, I guess.
Latest Review: "Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from THE TOXIC AVENGER" by Jeffrey W. Sass
LadyLynn
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladylynn.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by LadyLynn »

Men are human, women are human. We just have different methods of seeing the world. I don't think we're meant to be the same or we won't compliment each other.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
akeseh
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akeseh.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by akeseh »

The difference is what makes every relationship works better. Without that humans wouldn't even think of entering into any relationship. God created it that way so let things work naturally.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
DDunstock
Currently Reading: Casimir Bridge
Bookshelf Size: 281
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ddunstock.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by DDunstock »

Love the title of this post, I remember reading that book when I was quite young.
We all just communicate very, very differently. Not from different planets, but it takes work to perfect the art of communication, especially between genders.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Yeosin Mary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Yeosin Mary »

That phase ' men are from mar and women from Venus' is true. Someone once said men need a big manual guide to understand women but even with that it won't be enough.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

This is true. But my personal opinion,its for a good and useful reason.Look at it this way, in a marriage scenario,the differences start being more apparent after one stays with their spouse for a couple of years. Then after that,assuming the couple are still together, it reaches a point when the more the years go by, the less the perceived differences!
Christina O Phillips
Currently Reading: Oz
Bookshelf Size: 1326
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-o-phillips.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Christina O Phillips »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:One of the main characters was pondering on the differences between men and women and trying to give reasons of the women's characteristics that women put the blame on the men in times of problems. What can you say about this cliche that Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus?

I try not to generalize into beliefs like "all men do this" or "all women do that," mostly because I don't fit into these areas. I can be either feminine or masculine in my behaviors. But what I think is true is that everyone has different communication styles and needs to learn how to listen to others and how to talk to them.
Mosubi
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mosubi.html
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas

Post by Mosubi »

We are different but that doesnt necessarily mean we came from different places..At the end of the day we are all under the sun :)
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas
tiyo elvis
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by tiyo elvis »

Science and religion oppose tete a tete. In relation men blame women but in science women blame . tension rises but love endorses tranquility and narrow human differences especially with the opposite sex. How swsome and powerful love can be at crazy moments.
Phikim
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phikim.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Phikim »

Men and women are wired differently. Their psychological, emotional and social needs tend to be slightly different. For instance, men will always understand the language of love when you show them respect whereas women will understand love better when you communicate through words and deeds. Telling a woman 'I love you' builds her ego. On the other hand, showing a man you respect him will make him understand you love him.

Another example is that an average woman will talk more than a man would do. That's why you'll find a woman still talking endlessly at 11pm while a man exhausted his millage for the day at 5 or 6pm. It is important to note that lack of understanding in terms differnces between the two sexes is what brings even the conflicts women and men do have.
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

I loved reading reading this book, interesting, 4 out of 4 stars
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Gikonyo Caroline
Currently Reading: Big Things Have Small Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 351
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gikonyo-caroline.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by Gikonyo Caroline »

Yap, men and women are different by design so we can complement each other not so we can argue about our differences and fuel conflict. For example I am emotive I need him to be rational, for him to be strong where am weak and I strong where he is weak as they say diversity is the spice of love and that's what's makes life interesting and intriguing.
Leyla
Currently Reading: Banished Threads
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Leyla »

I seriously love the responses above. In the environment I grew up in, it is safe to say that women and men are different in many ways, but they are also similar in many ways. So I disagree with the cliche.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”