View on relationships

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Yaa Hughes
Bookshelf Size: 3

Re: View on relationships

Post by Yaa Hughes »

An abusive relationship is not worth staying to fix whether there are kids involved or not. After a few tries to make things works and there is no improvement, i will exit to be safer than sorry.
EDDY OKOTH
Currently Reading: My trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by EDDY OKOTH »

relationship is good and its basic for survival

-- 21 Jul 2017, 16:12 --

relationships are source of hapiness in one life
living
Currently Reading: King's Warrior
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by living »

well you all are, especially getting 200% in a relationship matters a lot as it determines who you'll spend your life time with... relationship can easily be broken but marriage would probably not be easy especially when children are involve, it would still be easy to divorce but when love is greater I think it can cover and endure the pains... but it all depends on the maltreatment involved most men can be so killing
Joyce oniza
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Joyce oniza »

I agree with Nadia,u cannot sacrifice your happiness because of a man, your kids can have a better life if only you don't give up on yourself.
jonavelle camo

Post by jonavelle camo »

I salute those who's willing to sacrifice his/her life just for the sake of their kids, but for me you dont have to sacrifice yourself just to prove your love to your kids,you have to love yourself either,if you can stand alone and raise them on your own so no reason for you to stay in that kind of relationship.
Naftal Gwaro
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Naftal Gwaro »

Totally agree with you Nadia needs a better future.
Cutienerdy21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cutienerdy21.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Post by Cutienerdy21 »

I highly support Nadia's view

For me, Nadia's situation is dire and needs to get out of it immediately. It's not healthy for her and to all those around her, including her children, to stay. I think the consequences and memories it will bring will be more traumatic and painful to the children than having a broken home. That's what I would feel if I were in the children's shoes.
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

masterhawk88 wrote:Both actually. I'd never stand for abuse, but on the other hand, for my kids I think I'd try to make an unfulfilling relationship work.
I completely agree. Abuse is not something I would tolerate, but I don't have children so I don't know what I would do for them.
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
yellosteel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by yellosteel »

Dh_ wrote:
masterhawk88 wrote:Both actually. I'd never stand for abuse, but on the other hand, for my kids I think I'd try to make an unfulfilling relationship work.

This is great and rare indeed!... Sacrificial love kind of. Its better to try and make things work rather than just walking out.
raizenagallo
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raizenagallo.html
Latest Review: "A Case of Black Rock Mineral Water" by Simon Marshland

Post by raizenagallo »

There is no point in staying in an abusive relationship because it does not only affect you physically but it also has an effect on your children psychologically. If you stay in such a relationship, you are also showing your children that it is okay and tolerable to be in that situation. As a mother, I believe that we should be a good role model for our children and show them that we should not tolerate abuse in the household.
Latest Review: "A Case of Black Rock Mineral Water" by Simon Marshland
Faisal ali

Post by Faisal ali »

I am with nadia side....because abuse is a very bad habbit....
Roada

Post by Roada »

gali wrote:We have two set of relationships in this book. On one hand, we have Nadia who believes that one should not stay in an abusing relationship for the sake of the kids. Do not mistake, though, she loves her son more than life itself and would do anything to make him happy. On the other hand, we have Yaser who is just the opposite of her. He sacrifices his honor and stays in an unfulfilling marriage for his children's sake. I support Nadia's view. Which side are you? How would you act?

...i agreee with Yeser...I'd put my childrens first then myself...just stay in the unfulfilling relationship for them to get their fathers love...
El-kanah
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-kanah.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by El-kanah »

Hmm, I would rather stay in the relationship for the sake of my children. Parents have a lot to do in a child upbringing. Moreover, the children weren't there when you two started the relationship, so, the current state of relationship shouldn't affect your children's lives.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
magicquill
Currently Reading: Elf Brief
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magicquill.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by magicquill »

I'm on Nadia's side, I also can't tolerate abuse. It's just not right. Children will see it as right if you don't avoid it. Being in an abusive relationship is not being advocated. It's important that you set a good example for your children.
Because if you've found meaning in your life, you don't want to go back. You want to go forward.

- Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Mpimba
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Mpimba »

I agree with you. should not be in a abusive relationship because it may harm the innocence kids. Also, parents cannot keep kids in a healthy environment if there unhealthy relationship.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”