Which character was your favorite?

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Which character was your favorite?

Post by gali »

Donnavila Marie01 wrote:
AliceofX wrote:At first, I liked Yaser the best, but he soon became annoying with his endless complaining. After that Nadia became my favorite. Her story had real tension and drama to it.
Yaser and Nadia have things in common though. :D :D They are both annoying at times but I consider them as beautiful people.
Nadia was less annoying, though. And she did fight for her rights!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I agree with many here, Nadia was the most relatable and likable. Being independent, determined, and fighting for her rights in the type of society she lived in makes her a strong character. I do also agree I was sooo mad for a few minutes with her when she decided to lie to her son and go to Verona without him. I'm happy that she changed her mind, but I was so surprised that it even crossed her mind since the whole point of the trip was to travel with her son for the first time.

Elias's story was too unrelatable and hard to identify with. Then Yaser was just annoying and complained too much without actually trying to solve his problems that I didn't like him from the start.
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

hsimone wrote:I agree with many here, c was the most relatable and likable. Being independent, determined, and fighting for her rights in the type of society she lived in makes her a strong character. I do also agree I was sooo mad for a few minutes with her when she decided to lie to her son and go to Verona without him. I'm happy that she changed her mind, but I was so surprised that it even crossed her mind since the whole point of the trip was to travel with her son for the first time.

Elias's story was too unrelatable and hard to identify with. Then Yaser was just annoying and complained too much without actually trying to solve his problems that I didn't like him from the start.
I agree. I was also made with Nadia for lying to her son and thought she should have been honest with him.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Elikem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elikem.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Elikem »

Elias was my favourite character. His struggle was intense and to me, he put in the most effort compared to the other two characters to find a solution to his problems. Although his expectations were not met I think this was a good wake up call for him to face reality and consider a relationship with Veronica whom he seems to get along with extremely well.
Juliet Esther
Currently Reading: That place of knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-esther.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Juliet Esther »

Nadia is my favorite character, she is an independent and intelligent strong woman and I love the fact that she is ready to do anything for the happiness of her son. From the other minor characters,I choose Malika, I think she was a determined lady and she was ready to go to any length to pursue her dreams.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Pm7lucas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Pm7lucas »

Nadia for sure. She refused to allow the men in her life to dominate her. Unfortunately, she is from a male-dominated culture and has no control over some things. I was so angry when her son wasn't allowed to travel with her!

Paula :D
"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
PRAXIDES
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 98862">The 11.05 Murders</a>
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praxides.html
Latest Review: "Missing Pieces" by Christine Betts

Post by PRAXIDES »

Nadia is the one character I connected with most. She was courageous. Coming from a deep rooted cultural country I understand what's like to stand against your culture. For Nadia to defy culture and build a life of her own it's an act of courage.
Latest Review: "Missing Pieces" by Christine Betts
Emilia Dinsey
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilia-dinsey.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Emilia Dinsey »

My favorite was Malika, I really enjoyed watching her grow and seeing her really connect with someone non-sexually and become finally free.
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

CatInTheHat wrote:Probably Nadia. She chose single motherhood in a culture where divorce is lesson common and less acceptable, even if it's due to abuse.
I agree with this - liked her for her strength and boldness in a society that would shun her for it.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I also choose Nadia. Like most mothers, her world revolved around her son, and she would do anything and everything in her power to give him a good life.
May-an Tinangag
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by May-an Tinangag »

I like Nadia because she is a strong person who fought for her rights as a woman. She is a good example to those people who were in the abusive relationship.
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

Nadia is a strong fighter....that's something to admire
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
RanaTarek
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ranatarek.html
Latest Review: "The Expansion" by Christoph Martin

Post by RanaTarek »

juliusotinyo wrote:Elias evoked alot of childhood emotions on me, growing up in a popular tourist spot in East Africa. I believe his actions were quite noble with Malika, few clients if any, would do what he did even after knowing her age.
I loved malika too with her childhood dreams .i loved the part when she become the english malika , How she was choosing her clients that would help her in learning. I have been inspired by her new mature character .how she believed her dreams .insist on learning and getting out from the shadow of her parents and her miserable live , and how she ended up with elias .she is my favourite !
Latest Review: "The Expansion" by Christoph Martin
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

Nadia is my favorite too because it takes a lot of courage to master the kind of bravery she had
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
KatieSavage
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiesavage.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by KatieSavage »

Most certainly Nadia. Her character type is my favorite, chaotic good. She had her own moral compass in which she held over all else including law or rule. She would not allow any man take advantage of her or her son. I admire her passion and drive. She is definitely an inspirational character and I wish I could be more courageous like her.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”