Overall Rating and Opinion of My Trip to Adele

Discuss the July 2017 Book of the Month, My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer.

View My Trip to Adele on Bookshelves

View My Trip to Adele on Amazon (Free with Kindle Unlimited)
Abayomi2060
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abayomi2060.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Re: Overall Rating and Opinion of My Trip to Adele

Post by Abayomi2060 »

Your review was quite honest.I haven't read the book but I might in the nearest future
Monaatee
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monaatee.html
Latest Review: "30th century:escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Post by Monaatee »

Yeah, i found it strange how the authors are so into Adele that they wrote a whole book surrounding her. I didn't really get the characters except for Nadia, maybe cos I'm a woman. Will be posting my review soon. I'd rate this book maybe a 2 or 3 out of 4 stars. In fact to be fair 3 out of 4 stars.
Latest Review: "30th century:escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
ken mwongela
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ken mwongela »

In my opinion the book is interesting.I had read the book before joining this online book club.The characters play their roles well.3 out of the possible 4 stars is my rating.
boringyanks
Currently Reading: Indian Hill 3
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boringyanks.html
Latest Review: "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar
Reading Device: B01J6RPGKG

Post by boringyanks »

Three separate stories of characters who are facing challenges and conflicts in their lives. Their uniting factor is their love for Adele's music which keeps them motivated through their challenges. I noticed that the chapter titles are titles of Adele's songs. It seems the authors are her great fans. I found the constant reference to Adele's lyrics monotonous though because they appeared mostly at the end of the chapter. Otherwise, it is an interesting read.
Latest Review: "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar
Riptidemom8
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riptidemom8.html
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Riptidemom8 »

I love the honest review. This doesn't sound like a book I would be interested in reading.
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey
LINA M-EMBER AMA
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lina-m-ember-ama.html
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan

Post by LINA M-EMBER AMA »

I would like to read this book. I love to see into other people's lives if I am allowed, to pilfer out certain life lessons. This book offers some of that opportunity.
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan
IceOny
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iceony.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by IceOny »

That was a great review. Indeed, the story lacked the kind of fluidity that makes for an interesting read. I personally gave it 2 out of 4, and I equally did my best to give a detailed analysis of its flaws.
anacmg9211
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anacmg9211.html

Post by anacmg9211 »

I gave it a 4/4 review, I found myself rooting for the characters a lot. Having said that, I found the ending somewhat disappointing. Not because it was bad, but merely because it didn't end how I expected/wanted it to end, but it was still enjoyable and well written, which is why I gave it 4/4. I wanted Elias and Malika to have a future, but I understood why that didn't/couldn't happen. With Nadia, part of me already knew her ex-husband would be a jerk and not let her travel with Waleed but I was still disappointed when it happened. As for Yaser, that was a plot twist for me, I fully expected them to give up and get a divorce after what happened at the airport but when in the end he did return home and they still wanted to try I was mind blown. I really enjoyed this book.
Michelle92
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle92.html
Latest Review: "Yesterdat" by Samyann

Post by Michelle92 »

For me it's a 3 out of 4. It is an amazing book and I really enjoyed it.
Latest Review: "Yesterdat" by Samyann
Job Njoroge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-job-njoroge.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Job Njoroge »

It is good that you did not give it 4 stars. The review was an honest one the book has numerous themes and some of its messages are conflicting
sharminhaider

Post by sharminhaider »

I gave it a 5 out of 4 stars rating. I am not much of a fan of Adele but her lyrics were very interesting to me. That the characters were over dramatic at times & religion was actually a big part in the book but .
Mtsweni Nelsy
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsweni-nelsy.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Mtsweni Nelsy »

I enjoyed reading and reviewing My Trip to Adele. I liked the authors' creativity to use Adele's songs in relation to the events occurring throughout the book. I was a bit disappointed though, on how the story ended...the authors did steer the boat on a different direction than I thought we were off to.
Taniatt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taniatt.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Taniatt »

i gave a rating of 3 out of 4..It was good for light reading
ifeoma obike
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifeoma-obike.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Post by ifeoma obike »

I enjoyed the book. I gave it 3 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed reading the culture and lifestyle of Morocco and Jordan which was vividly described. I can relate to the character of Nadia, her struggles for her rights and freedom. What I loved most about her character is how she shielded her son from all the chaos around her.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Doaa Wael
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doaa-wael.html

Post by Doaa Wael »

ThisThis book was my latest review and i actually liked it. This book was originally written in Arabic and translated into English so it still carries with it the Arabic culture. I can understand why some people found it boring but in the Arabic region, some of the problems the characters were going through are real, significant debatable issues that are going on there.

I think the story was sharing a reality that exists, rather than guiding or educating. Each of the characters is a different person who is eligible to have a unique thought process and take different actions. They were treated as real humans with the freedom of choice rather than puppets, controlled by the author, that is why some stories carried "contradicting" messages. They were not contradicting messages, they werw simply a reflection how different people react differently.

I liked how the story was tailored to Adele's lyrics. It made me feel as if Adele wrote those lyrics with the story in mind.
Imagination Trumps Reality.

Return to “Discuss "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer”