How does the novel Superhighway apply to your life?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Preciosonic
Currently Reading: Before I Wake
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

How does the novel Superhighway apply to your life?

Post by Preciosonic »

Every novel written impart either negatively or positively on the reader,for me this book had imparted greatly to me,from your perspective what do you think? :roll2:
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

This story led me to the realization that life is what you make it. Even if one has the greatest gift or talent if he does not apply it with wisdom will go to nothing.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
Preciosonic

Post by Preciosonic »

nice knowing that,Donnavila,and it is true,that why we must seek God's face in whatever we do and also thanks for been the first to contribute to my first topic,hope to continue in the future.
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

Preciosonic wrote:Every novel written impart either negatively or positively on the reader,for me this book had imparted greatly to me,from your perspective what do you think? :roll2:
What I like most about SciFi/Fantasy in general is the ability to stimulate my imagination. I was intrigued by Alex's ability to travel in time and space via the internet. Quantum mechanics tells us that we we think of as "solid" objects, including ourselves, are actually mostly empty space. Superhighway is in line with this concept, since Alex is in some kind of "non-physical" state while in the web. Reading this novel bent my brain and took me out of "reality" during the time I was reading it.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

This novel doesn't really apply to my life. It simply served to remind me of something that I already knew. You should be careful about the things that you do in the world because you never know when your choices will come back to hurt you.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Amagine wrote:This novel doesn't really apply to my life. It simply served to remind me of something that I already knew. You should be careful about the things that you do in the world because you never know when your choices will come back to hurt you.
I love your response because I feel the same way. This novel doesn't apply to my life, and is just a reminder of what I already know. Choices, even bad ones, have consequences. Alex seems unable to understand this. :lol:
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

hsimone wrote:
Amagine wrote:This novel doesn't really apply to my life. It simply served to remind me of something that I already knew. You should be careful about the things that you do in the world because you never know when your choices will come back to hurt you.
I love your response because I feel the same way. This novel doesn't apply to my life, and is just a reminder of what I already know. Choices, even bad ones, have consequences. Alex seems unable to understand this. :lol:
:ditto:
Nothing else to say. :)
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Well, it just left an impact in a positive sense
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Mercy cabillan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mercy cabillan »

This means that you have to put God first in your lives because nothing is impossible in this world and he knows all the things happens in this world.
Preciosonic

Post by Preciosonic »

Mercy cabillan wrote:This means that you have to put God first in your lives because nothing is impossible in this world and he knows all the things happens in this world.
Those are powerful words to say and thanks for contributing and also welcome dearie to the club and forum.
Better is not good enough but the best is yet to come. Let Love Lead.
By Prophet T.B.Joshua
PinkAngelWings
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinkangelwings.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by PinkAngelWings »

So far from what I have read from this novel it sounds nothing at all like the kind of life I have. For one, I am not an orphan. I do not have a deceased parent from a drive by shooting, (although I do have a deceased mother but that’s besides the point and she had died from cancer, may she forever rest in peace.) and I did not have any abusive parents who mistreated me so badly as to pick up rice off the floor with your bare skin or ever hit me across the face. The only thing that I feel is applying to my life through this novel is the fact that the main character, (name, Fine? Christopher??) enjoys reading books just as much as I do. This novel feels far too distant for me to connect with it.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Preciosonic

Post by Preciosonic »

PinkAngelWings wrote:So far from what I have read from this novel it sounds nothing at all like the kind of life I have. For one, I am not an orphan. I do not have a deceased parent from a drive by shooting, (although I do have a deceased mother but that’s besides the point and she had died from cancer, may she forever rest in peace.) and I did not have any abusive parents who mistreated me so badly as to pick up rice off the floor with your bare skin or ever hit me across the face. The only thing that I feel is applying to my life through this novel is the fact that the main character, (name, Fine? Christopher??) enjoys reading books just as much as I do. This novel feels far too distant for me to connect with it.
May your mum's soul rest in perfect peace dearie

-- 03 Aug 2017, 08:38 --

Happy New Month Amigos
Better is not good enough but the best is yet to come. Let Love Lead.
By Prophet T.B.Joshua
dbulkley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dbulkley.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Post by dbulkley »

Didn’t necessarily learn anything except that whatever actions you make always lead to consequences.
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin
garima597
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-garima597.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by garima597 »

It gives a good message that we should always try to help others. It has both positive and negative impact on my life.
G@RIMA :techie-studyingbrown:
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

I don't feel like the book pertains to my life, but it is a reminder of good and bad. It is a reminder there are evil people out there who do bad things for money and that there are good people who want to help others. It also shows there are consequences to the decisions we make. So we need to take out the time to way out the consequences before making a knee-jerk decision.
Mac :techie-reference:

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”