Who would win? (What if? 2)

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Zero
Currently Reading: Wings of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 24

Who would win? (What if? 2)

Post by Zero »

QUESTION 1
What if there was a showdown between Alex Fine and J.A.R.V.I.S. (an A.I. created by Tony Stark aka Ironman)? Who do you think would win? Why?

QUESTION 2
Now what if there was a showdown between Team A and Team B, where
Team A = Alex Fine and Gideon (an A.I. made by Barry Alan aka the Flash) &
Team B = J.A.R.V.I.S. and Cyborg.
Who would win? Team A or B? Why?
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. -Albert Einstein
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Considering that Alex's power to run away can only happen if a computer is nearby, I would say he would most likely lose most battles. :lol:
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I agree with hsimone (again). It would be pretty unfair considering Alex has to be near a computer. All they would have to do is fight him out in the open. No contest. They win.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

kandscreeley wrote:I agree with hsimone (again). It would be pretty unfair considering Alex has to be near a computer. All they would have to do is fight him out in the open. No contest. They win.
Agreed, it wouldn't really be fair. Also, there really is no mention of any physical strength that Alex may have, so that would also be a negative for him if he were in a fighting situation.
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Zero

Post by Zero »

hsimone wrote:
kandscreeley wrote:I agree with hsimone (again). It would be pretty unfair considering Alex has to be near a computer. All they would have to do is fight him out in the open. No contest. They win.
Agreed, it wouldn't really be fair. Also, there really is no mention of any physical strength that Alex may have, so that would also be a negative for him if he were in a fighting situation.
This showdown is off-course taking place inside the digital world as A.I.'s (i.e. J.A.R.V.I.S. and Gideon) can't exist in the physical world. The only ones who can exist in both the worlds are Alex and Cyborg(who is like half human half computer), so the team up is good.

So according to me the winner would be Team B as J.A.R.V.I.S. is simply great! :mrgreen:
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. -Albert Einstein
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Zero wrote:
hsimone wrote:
This showdown is off-course taking place inside the digital world as A.I.'s (i.e. J.A.R.V.I.S. and Gideon) can't exist in the physical world. The only ones who can exist in both the worlds are Alex and Cyborg(who is like half human half computer), so the team up is good.

So according to me the winner would be Team B as J.A.R.V.I.S. is simply great! :mrgreen:
Huh...guess that shows you how much I know about all who are involved in the showdown. :lol: I would then agree with you Team B would win. :D
Heidi

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Well, actually (in the movies anyway) Jarvis does get turned into an actual person. So, I guess I was basing it off of that.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Zero

Post by Zero »

kandscreeley wrote:Well, actually (in the movies anyway) Jarvis does get turned into an actual person. So, I guess I was basing it off of that.
Yes that is true, and then he's called as Vision as he has one of the 6 infinity stones called as Mind Stone embedded into his forehead by Thor. So now he's kinda God. But I love J.A.R.V.I.S. more. :mrgreen2: :mrgreen:

-- 06 Jun 2017, 21:06 --
hsimone wrote:
Zero wrote:
hsimone wrote:

Huh...guess that shows you how much I know about all who are involved in the showdown. :lol: I would then agree with you Team B would win. :D
:lol: :lol2: lol...I know how it feels... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

I bet, team B would win. with the description of Ironman in the story, he is a genius and a wide range of knowledge on computers considering that he has teammate which is a cyborg.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
Atara Miles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atara-miles.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Atara Miles »

I really want to say J.A.R.V.I.S but that would be the Vision's win and not J.A.R.V.I.S per se. We could use the similarity where despite Ultron hacking and almost destroying J.A.R.V.I.S, the latter still managed a rebound and stalled the former long enough for the Avenger's to destroy him but that was in the case of a sentient sorta-still a robot. If we're taking into consideration the fact that Alex is human we might have a different argument. Team B would win. No question.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

Hands down, Jarvis would win over Alex Fine. Jarvis is smart, creative, and innovative. Alex just runs around being selfish.
Moneybag
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moneybag.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Moneybag »

I bet the theme B will win.

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”