What is your memorable childhood experience?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Re: What is your memorable childhood experience?

Post by Kalin Adi »

Hmmm Memorable experience? I have tons. I used to go swimming with my sister and uncle to the river. On our way there, we used to collect oranges or other fruits we saw when walking. I remember one time when my uncle started throwing the leftover of the oranges, a "war" started. We were having a blast until my sister got hit just right on her forehead and she got mad and didn't want to talk to us anymore. It was so funny. I couldn't stop laughing!
lencer anyango owuor
Currently Reading: Prophase
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by lencer anyango owuor »

my memorable childhood experience is one day when we went out with my father for a trip by the lakeside and i insisted that i wanted to be in a motorboat that was just by the lakeside then i was told to get in and we started touring the lake and allover sudden it capsized
Festus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-festus.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Festus »

A long walk through a narrow footpath with grand mom to farm and a longer distance to cover on foot during elementary education.
Preciosonic
Currently Reading: Before I Wake
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Preciosonic »

Festus wrote:A long walk through a narrow footpath with grand mom to farm and a longer distance to cover on foot during elementary education.
:D ,that's definitely a Nigerian talking,I can't forget such moments.
Better is not good enough but the best is yet to come. Let Love Lead.
By Prophet T.B.Joshua
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk

Post by Manang Muyang »

Preciosonic wrote:
Festus wrote:A long walk through a narrow footpath with grand mom to farm and a longer distance to cover on foot during elementary education.
:D ,that's definitely a Nigerian talking,I can't forget such moments.
I can imagine the scene. We also have such childhood memories here in the Philippines. Thank you both for sharing.
Festus
Currently Reading:

Post by Festus »

To Miriam, it is intriguing to know that there is a play back of African experience in Philippine, and to my compatriot Preciosonic, we cannot help being nostalgic about those phases in our match through civilization. Lovely and delightful contributions from Miriam and Preciosonic
Preciosonic

Post by Preciosonic »

Festus wrote:To Miriam, it is intriguing to know that there is a play back of African experience in Philippine, and to my compatriot Preciosonic, we cannot help being nostalgic about those phases in our match through civilization. Lovely and delightful contributions from Miriam and Preciosonic
Miriam thanks for sharing that info because I won't have thought so,and to festus,nice of you to compliment us both,remembering your childhood days is memory we want to keep,remembering the innocent lies we were told,for example (Mary and Jesus was in the moon)Lolz, seriously, Miriam thanks for this forum.
By Prophet T.B.Joshua
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk

Post by Manang Muyang »

I love this site. Getting free books is a good reward. But exchanging stories with people all over the world through the forums is priceless. I wish someday to visit Nigeria and meet you both, Festus and Preciosonic. As we say in the Philippines, Mabuhay!
Preciosonic

Post by Preciosonic »

Miriam Molina wrote:I love this site. Getting free books is a good reward. But exchanging stories with people all over the world through the forums is priceless. I wish someday to visit Nigeria and meet you both, Festus and Preciosonic. As we say in the Philippines, Mabuhay!
True words well spoken, seriously dearie you just made us smile with your wish,by the way what does Mabuhay mean? :lol:
By Prophet T.B.Joshua
Festus
Currently Reading:

Post by Festus »

Miriam Molina wrote:I love this site. Getting free books is a good reward. But exchanging stories with people all over the world through the forums is priceless. I wish someday to visit Nigeria and meet you both, Festus and Preciosonic. As we say in the Philippines, Mabuhay!

Preciosonic spoke well on my behalf dear Miriam. I sincerely pray that our heavenly father will translate this desire to reality someday. It will be an awesome experience I'm sure. A glance through world map shows a huge gap in distance and of course, development between the two worlds. Online Book Club is indeed, priceless, its worth cannot not be quantified by any criteria. Besides providing platform for enhancement of creative writing and literary criticism, how would i have met Miriam from Philippine and a fellow compatriot Preciosonic? May God continue to consolidate this bond. What does "Mabuhay" imply? To borrow from Preciosonic's curiosity. And be ready to be "bombed" with Made-in Nigeria terminologies. Its Sunday, 10:40 am Nigeria time.
keeperofturts
Currently Reading: Meridian
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by keeperofturts »

Once when I was eight, my mom gave me a Spongebob Squarepants DVD. I was so excited as I was a huge fan of Spongebob. I would watch it on repeat during the weekends until I memorised every scene, action and dialogue. Then during the weekdays before I went to school, I would mime everything at an empty, open-air room under my apartment block. I never dared say a word unless I was alone because I didn't want to embarass myself. I said all the dialogues in my head, while doing small gestures with my hands and moving all around the room. The room had a lone bench and that was my only prop. Sigh, such memories...
lamech33
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lamech33 »

my memorable childhood experience was to listen to my grandpa tell us stories about animals like the story of the rabbit and the hyena. i used to enjoy story telling in school from the memorable story telling experience from my grandspa.
raikyuu
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3079">The Republic</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raikyuu.html
Latest Review: Who killed Chatunga? by Muvhaki Tasu

Post by raikyuu »

A trip to some zoo, I suppose. But this zoo has this hanging rickety bridge. The experience is like conquering the whole world to cross that bridge as a child.
-rk
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

My childhood was mostly about running out of books to read and starting to read dad's law books.
I wasn't allowed to read penny dreadful comic books.
GodfreyAngwech
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-godfreyangwech.html
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch

Post by GodfreyAngwech »

I remember walking with my dad and older brother to my grandmothers home every evening, and driving when it was raining. She stayed about a kilometer away. I enjoyed those moments with the aged grandma. The walk itself was always pleasant. These memories always take me far into a distant world where I can never reach in this physical realm.
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”