Do you prefer reading or watching Sci-Fi?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Scrawling Pen
Currently Reading: Snape
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scrawling-pen.html
Latest Review: The Queen of Xana by Fred Pilcher

Re: Do you prefer reading or watching Sci-Fi?

Post by Scrawling Pen » 19 Aug 2019, 23:30

I think that reading does require a little more work for the audience. You have to use your imagination to fill in the gaps for things that words can't describe. Watching science-fiction is fun and interesting, but it takes some of the creativity out of things.

Atara Miles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atara-miles.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Atara Miles » 29 Sep 2019, 23:04

I like both. I'd choose the book, if it comes down to it because that way I have more detail and understand the story better and movies tend to leave out some elements of the plot. I also can visualize my characters and settings exactly how I want them going off the author's descriptions. I do enjoy the movie though, because near every show has a soundtrack that goes well with whatever scene is being acted out, something I may have interpreted one way might be completely different on-screen or it might just be interesting to see certain scenes on the screen.

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”