Who Had the Biggest Impact on Your Life?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Re: Who Had the Biggest Impact on Your Life?

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

Am very impressed with the manner my mother brought me up. Her adage has been my point of reference in anything I do. She taught me to be hard working because she had never tolerated laziness at all. This impact has defined who I am today.
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
May-an Tinangag
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by May-an Tinangag »

For me, my brother plays the biggest impact in my life because he serves as my inspiration to finish my study.
Tonia Alexandra
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Tonia Alexandra »

Easily my answer would be my mother, Ezinne Christiana osu and is a person I truly admire and idolize, those in our family know how important role my mother played in helping my father build up the home. Many key decisions that helped our family growth was because of my mother's directions and prayers . I admire her throughness and grace in handling various aspects of the family. The saying "Behind every great man is a woman " truly applies to my mother and father.

-- 28 Jul 2017, 04:54 --

Easily my answer would be my mother, Ezinne Christiana osu and is a person I truly admire and idolize, those in our family know how important role my mother played in helping my father build up the home. Many key decisions that helped our family growth was because of my mother's directions and prayers . I admire her throughness and grace in handling various aspects of the family. The saying "Behind every great man is a woman " truly applies to my mother and father.
LadyClaire
Currently Reading: Keys to Tetouan
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladyclaire.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by LadyClaire »

This question has got me thinking for a very long time. I think that honor goes to my father. He it was that had the biggest impact on my life even without my knowing...sounds weird, right?
To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.
-Bertrand Russel
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

My mom has the biggest impact on my life. She is the one that taught me everything I need to know in life. Without her, I would be a very different person.
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by dhwanis »

My father. I come from a traditional background where girls should live a certain life. He let me take decisions for myself (at the cost of hearing what an uncultured daughter he raised from way too many people who can otherwise be termed "relatives").
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

My mother has had a significant impact on my life, watching her pull through certain situations has been inspiring and encouraging and my parents have really made me who I am today
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Gulal fatima
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gulal fatima »

First of all my mother,then my elder sister has a biggest impact on my life....they taught me everything and I think I'm the luckiest person who have such a caring sister
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

I come from a broken home so I doubt if I can't give much credit to my parents but there is one person whom all honour and all glory goes to, he helped heal my wounds my broken heart and give me a reason to get up every morning feeling thankful and his name is Jesus. The greatest superhero of all time!
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
dbulkley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dbulkley.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Post by dbulkley »

I would say parents, grandmother, and a couple teachers. They are ones who encouraged me and told me I could do anything I wanted in life!
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin
asere_maryanne
Currently Reading: Source
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asere-maryanne.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by asere_maryanne »

My parents played and continue to play a huge role in my life. The punishments, the corrections, prayers and encouragements all did what they were meant to do in my life.
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

While I would say both of my parents, I am very like my father. I see him as a role model. Nothing fazes us and we are both very laid back..in fact I think the last time either of us lost our temper must be back in the 70s.. :lol2:
sarbearah
Currently Reading: Year One
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarbearah.html
Latest Review: Lara's Journal by A. Gavazzoni

Post by sarbearah »

Both my parents have seriously impacted who I am as an individual. My father instilled in me my love of reading, and my mother cultivated my curious and imaginative nature. I literally wouldn't be who or where I am today without either of their influences.

Also, they are an endless resource of hugs and love. They will never know how much that has affected me.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

I'm not sure who had the biggest impact on my life. I looked up to my sister, but eventually I was just the annoying little sister who was pushed away. My dad worked a lot, so I admire him for taking care of his family the way he did/does. My mom took care of me. Made sure I was fed and dressed, taken care of. But I honestly can't say who made the biggest impact. I have my dad's work ethic so I know he impacted me in becoming who I am today.
Mac :techie-reference:
Atara Miles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atara-miles.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Atara Miles »

My mother and my little sister are vying for that top spot. On one hand, my mother is my inspiration seeing her tackle motherhood, getting a degree, working, starting three business by herself all at the same time influenced be to want to become just as willful, stubborn and strong as her. On the other hand, the person I want to do all of this for is my little sister. I honestly believe my life would have very little meaning if not for her.

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”