If you had the power to travel digitally, would you?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: If you had the power to travel digitally, would you?

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

If I found out I had the ability to travel anywhere in the world I would use it to travel all the places on my bucket list. Traveling is far too expensive and takes far too long to travel vast distances. Places I would have to travel to would be Australia, Japan, Barcelona, just places with exotic foods or places that won't exist anymore due to raising water levels and crumbling foundations. The only thing that would be needed is a language translator.
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ »

I think that I would, but it would probably be rather frightening. On one hand, you can travel anywhere. On the other, you can probably also accidentally end up in horrible places due to a person's digital connection.
desantismt_17
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 1313
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desantismt-17.html
Latest Review: Sasquatch Did It! by Patricia Komar

Post by desantismt_17 »

I would use it. My first trip would be Disney World. I'd love to drop into the behind the scenes areas, but anywhere is fine. After that, who knows? I'm not technologically mindful enough to figure it out, but I'd love to see if there's a way to travel the universe with this power. There's so much to see out there. I'm sure.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

While I am unaware of any kind of long-term side effects, I would definitely enjoy being able to travel anywhere in the world. With his access to bank accounts, I would also be able to divert funds to live in peace on a desert island in the Caribbean.
Helpme71
Favorite Book: The Cruel Romance
Currently Reading: Last Shot
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helpme71.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Helpme71 »

I think that I would want to travel, but I'm not sure that I would travel to the extent that Alex travelled. If I had these abilities, I would only travel when I felt a "wanderlust" come over me. I think I would probably travel to Vienna, Austria, because it is one of my favorite places in the world and I enjoy going back again and again.
"Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world." -Nelson Mandela

"Ye are our epistle, written in our hearts, known and read of all men;" -2 Corinthians 3:2 (ASV)
FilmStar
Currently Reading: Rich and Pretty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-filmstar.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by FilmStar »

Yes. Considering I can't drive and it would save me money on gas and a car bills, it would be plausible for me. The only thing I would be scared of is being stuck in the internet. But yeah I like that the book made it seem like an instant mode of travel.
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

Yes, primarily I would use it to visit my family in England. After that would be Hawaii, Alaska, Australia ........................ the World ...lol
Bintsy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bintsy »

:D of course, I wouldn't miss this opportunity for anything. First I will use it to travel to Canada for I have always wanted to be there, travel to China to the coloured mountains and then explore the world and beyond :D
strawberrysab
Currently Reading: The Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strawberrysab.html
Latest Review: Maddy's Wings by Jan porter

Post by strawberrysab »

Damn yes I would :) There are so many places I want to visit and not enough money to visit even just one. I’d embrace maybe superpowers and travel from one place to the next like there’s no tomorrow!
Berry :wine:
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I would love to travel without planes, trains, or automobile. The only downside would be not being able to take anything with you except the clothes on your back and what fits in your pockets.
Carris72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carris72.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by Carris72 »

Definitely! First place on my list would be my hometown.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

Yes I would definitely use the power especially to disarm the criminals. It would also be an amazing adventure.
Storm+
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storm.html
Latest Review: The Promise of Whiteness: Its Past and Its Future by Martha R. Bireda

Post by Storm+ »

If I had the same ability as Alex Fine, I would use it to travel the world and see a lot of cool places, but I wouldn't use it to steal money from Russian oligarchs or anything exciting and dangerous like that. I would simply travel, enjoy myself, try new things, and meet new people.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

I think I would be really nervous to travel like that, but I think I would do it. I have family in Germany I'd go visit. And go and see other family in Oregon. But then I would also travel to places I've always been fascinated with, such as Hawaii, Ireland, Scotland, and Australia.
Mac :techie-reference:
SpencerVo
Favorite Book: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencervo.html
Latest Review: Lola the Buhund and the Father of Discord by Elbot Carman

Post by SpencerVo »

Um... yes? I hope I would be more cautious than Alex, but come on, it is a too cool ability not to try. I would visit every place I want to on this planet, although I would restrain myself from touching the secrets I know I couldn't handle.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”