Do you still read books belonging to the children's genre?

Discuss the May 2017 Book of the Month, Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger.

View Farmer Beau's Farm on Bookshelves
aksmithbook
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 1257

Re: Do you still read books belonging to the children's genr

Post by aksmithbook »

I do! and, I always will. I think there is magic in so many children's books. Magic and surprise and teh What if's are what we need in life no matter what the age. Just imagine...
Nympha Nzilani Kalei
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nympha Nzilani Kalei »

Yeah,I have a passion for children and children books. Whenever I see a children book I tend to grab it and read through when possible.Actually I got searching for a children book to review.
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

Stil du...
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
FireFairy
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=20590">A Court of Thorns and Roses</a>
Currently Reading: Deity
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firefairy.html
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by FireFairy »

One of my favorite things to do is pick a night and reread children's stories from my childhood. Two of my favorites are "Goodnight Moon" and "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom". I like rereading books from my childhood because they bring back some really fond memories for me. :)
Onyinyechukwu
Currently Reading: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechukwu.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Onyinyechukwu »

For sure! If I can make time I would love to read Amelia Jane series by Enid Blyton again, they were so interesting. It's difficult not to entertained by them.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
IshiM
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: B01HAOZ1YS

Post by IshiM »

Yes, I read it to my children.
aberatio
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by aberatio »

Yes. I'm currently helping my little brother collect A Series of Unfortunate Events. And I think, we got closer by reading and talking about it.
Diarabrinson
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Diarabrinson »

Yes! It's fun to relive old memories and think back to better times.
ValEtt
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valett.html
Latest Review: "Murders in Progress" by Eldon Cene

Post by ValEtt »

I think if a book is good, its genre or classification shouldn't matter. There's always going to be a made-up food chain of genres, from most to least literary, but children's books are amazing and can often explain the world and intangible concepts in ways adult books fail to do. Adult literature can sometimes get wrapped up in its own ennui and pretense, and kids' books are refreshing because they don't feel the need to do that.

Despite one part of my brain knowing and accepting this, there's another part of my brain that wants to stay away from YA books because their plots have been recycled so many times. It takes a lot to convince me that any of them are worth reading without the guidance of a good review from someone who also reads other genres. When I find one I love, like The Raven Boys, it's even harder to convince my literature-loving friends to give it a chance for that same reason.

I've never read A Wrinkle in Time, but I'm about to give it a shot and am excited to go on my first adventure with a children's book in awhile.
Latest Review: "Murders in Progress" by Eldon Cene
riazziea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riazziea.html
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)" by Victor Rose
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by riazziea »

I definitely do. I find myself even more caught up in the story I am reading my 8yr old nephew than he is. I have shelves of children's books that I find myself reminiscing over. The Warrior books, or the Lemony Snicket series, they all had a huge impact on my life and I would not hesitate to re-read them.
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)" by Victor Rose
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

normally I wouldn't be too keen on reading children books but I don't mind reading a bedtime story book for a child
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Lilian Adora
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Lilian Adora »

yes
specially love Enid blyton's books
srm628
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srm628.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Guide For The Avid Indoorsman by John Driver

Post by srm628 »

I don't read them very often. I had to read some children's book for a class I was in this past semester. I forgot how interesting they can be, and I might pick them up again. Truth be told, I'm considering reading the FNAF series and the Descendants series.
Malfoyy Slitherin
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malfoyy-slitherin.html
Latest Review: "A Caribbean Tragedy" by Roger Stutter

Post by Malfoyy Slitherin »

Reading books like these are more fascinating and connect you to your inner child.
Latest Review: "A Caribbean Tragedy" by Roger Stutter
kjoan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3033">The Lost Symbol</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjoan.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kjoan »

Absolutely!
Sometimes we get so caught up in the complex stuff that we forget that truth is often hidden in the simplest things. And those simple truths can be found in children's books.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Return to “Discuss "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger”