About God in "Raven's Peak"

Discuss the April 2017 Book of the Month, Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
grahase71
Currently Reading: My trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grahase71.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Re: About God in "Raven's Peak"

Post by grahase71 »

Yes, God, is referred to 'He' in the Bible, but was not most of the Bible written by men. So, I don't think God really told the writers to call Him, He. Just an assumption, maybe. And, yes, Jesus was a man---He was born of woman. He had a male body. So, if you are a Christian, you can agree that He was a man. Just as Adam and Eve were created with human bodies and therefore had gender. Doesn't necessarily mean their creator was Male or Female. Most men call their boats, 'she' and their trucks, 'she'. I've also noticed if a man calls a strange dog, he will say, "come here boy" until the dog corrects him if he's wrong.
gabby6162
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabby6162.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by gabby6162 »

Since this is a work of fiction, the reference to God as she seemed like the authurs chance to raise some eyebrows and promote discussion. I would say her plan worked. Although reading some of the other ideas of krishna seem a possibility too. Abigail does carry a Bible though that Arthur gave her. It will be interesting to see if this topic does develop in the next couple books of this series.
Vlinstry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vlinstry.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Vlinstry »

I kept wondering this same thing. I it possible that somehow the Order know that God is she? Have they had some form of contact?
Micheal Ukewuihe
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micheal-ukewuihe.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micheal Ukewuihe »

I never really understood it but I tried not to fixate on it and not to come up with assumptions that could ruin my experience.

Return to “Discuss "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole”