You have been given a choice to become immortal. Would you?

Discuss the February 2017 Book of the Month, The Diary of an Immortal by David J Castello.
alwaysdaddygirl
Currently Reading: The Alienation of Courtney Hoffman
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysdaddygirl.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01DAJTINW

Re: You have been given a choice to become immortal. Would y

Post by alwaysdaddygirl »

I am weird. It depends on what type of immoral. Are these immorals with no superpowers? Are these immortals that can have different range of superpowers?

The other questions are these human immortals that went through a strange science experiment? Is this immortal a vampire? If a vampire, the good or bad ones?

Not trying be rude. Again, I am weird. That is me. ? I have countless ideas about immortals.

As long as it not for evil puropes and did not have to give away my soul, then yes. Some wonder if immortals have souls? There are certain vampires that have a kind soul despite being undead.

I would try to become a librarian. I would also try be a teacher. I would also try to preserve books. I also want to teach folks about books, so classics do not become vanished. With this world of technology today, who knows what it be like in 50 years? Will humans still be here in fifty years if the predictions about the natural resources are true? If human race is gone, with there be a secret society of immortals to preserve books? ?
"Death ends a life, not a relationship."
Mitch Albom
🦋
srm628
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srm628.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Guide For The Avid Indoorsman by John Driver

Post by srm628 »

I wish I could say yes, but after watching Me from Doctor Who, I don't think that I could do that. She loses who she was and see the ends of the universe. I couldn't live like that.
EmperorOfBooks
Currently Reading: the wicked will rise
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emperorofbooks.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by EmperorOfBooks »

I think I'll have to pass on this one,, as good as this may look, I have a feeling that I'd get bored after a while. Plus, seeing those around me die would definitely sadden me a lot. Therefore, I'll pass this one up.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

alwaysdaddygirl wrote:I am weird. It depends on what type of immoral. Are these immorals with no superpowers? Are these immortals that can have different range of superpowers?

The other questions are these human immortals that went through a strange science experiment? Is this immortal a vampire? If a vampire, the good or bad ones?

Not trying be rude. Again, I am weird. That is me. ? I have countless ideas about immortals.

As long as it not for evil puropes and did not have to give away my soul, then yes. Some wonder if immortals have souls? There are certain vampires that have a kind soul despite being undead.

I would try to become a librarian. I would also try be a teacher. I would also try to preserve books. I also want to teach folks about books, so classics do not become vanished. With this world of technology today, who knows what it be like in 50 years? Will humans still be here in fifty years if the predictions about the natural resources are true? If human race is gone, with there be a secret society of immortals to preserve books? ?
Nice imagination.??. Thanks for sharing your views with us. ?
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Tommie H Odom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1960">Sade Evans</a>
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommie-h-odom.html

Post by Tommie H Odom »

No. I don't feel it is anyone responsibility to incarnate what God has made. There are consequences to go wit our choices. Anything could happen we we take on immorality.
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dhwanis »

It depends..if everyone (humans and animals) that I love around me became immortal too...then definitely...if they are not..that no..never.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Too many factors to answer absolutely, so I can't say a definite yes or no.
It would be hard to pass up, but would require much forethought.
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

No. Eventually the sun will supernova and earth will become a cinder. You will find yourself drifting alone in space forever. Hopefully you will have remembered to bring a book with you ... or two.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Mark Johnson
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-johnson.html
Latest Review: "USA, Inc." by Larry Kahaner

Post by Mark Johnson »

Have you ever read a story or saw a movie where it went well for an immortal character? I don't know of too many. Would there be any prerequisites to becoming immortal? Or, would there be anything you would have to do to stay immortal?
Latest Review: "USA, Inc." by Larry Kahaner
Zohaib Ahmed
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Zohaib Ahmed »

I don't think i'd want to be immortal. Living forever seems boring. Even if you grant me eternal youth, i will still not become immortal.
Jasmine M Wardiya
Currently Reading: Darkglass Mountain #2 - The Twisted Citadel
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasmine-m-wardiya.html
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Jasmine M Wardiya »

I think I would wind up bored with immortality at some point. Being able to die at some point gives us a destination. I mean, if you were in a desert and there was nothing except sand to be seen no matter how far you walked, would you keep on walking forever or give up at some point? I suppose though it also depends on the definition of immortality. Some people take it to mean can't die by natural means or be killed, while others take it only not dying of illness or old age but still able to be killed. The second one still has the option of life ending at some point so I prefer that. Otherwise, if people were born but not dying, the world would run out of space eventually too...
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
MarisaRose
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

Great question! Although I think there would be so many great things to do and adventures to be had, I also think being immortal would be depressing and tiring after a while. I think the hardest part would be the lack of long term relationships. Unless other's were also immortal, it would be very sad to spend such a short amount of time (the span of a normal life) with those that you love!

I do agree about reading though, it would be nice to have all that extra time for all the wonderful books out there!
greenstripedgiraffe
Currently Reading: The New Strong-Willed Child
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris

Post by greenstripedgiraffe »

Be nice to not age... but not nice to outlive everyone, so - no. Death is a natural part of life, and not necessarily something to be feared.
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

greenstripedgiraffe wrote:Be nice to not age... but not nice to outlive everyone, so - no. Death is a natural part of life, and not necessarily something to be feared.
Exactly. Thanks for sharing your views with us. ?
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

I would imagine that immortality would come with a price. I couldn't imagine being immortal unless my husband and son could be also. I couldn't imagine the pain of outliving my child, so I would definitely not wish for immortality.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian

Return to “Discuss "The Diary of an Immortal (1945-1959)" by David J Castello”