You wake up as a vampire- do you panic or party?

Discuss the December 2016 Book of the Month, Nightlord by Garon Whited.
Kb3ck
Currently Reading: Two by Two
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kb3ck.html
Latest Review: "Brown Scarf Blues" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: You wake up as a vampire- do you panic or party?

Post by Kb3ck »

I would most likely panic if I woke up as a vampire. It would be a shock to the system that's for sure!
Latest Review: "Brown Scarf Blues" by Mois Benarroch
Moniquejm
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2759">What is and isn't Working for the Alcoholic and Addict</a>
Currently Reading: Small Change
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moniquejm.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Moniquejm »

I would definitely panic. So many changes will occur, and I'm not ready for such changes! Sure, it does have some good points (being a vampire and all) but I would not be able to cope up with the changes. I would very much like to stay human, thank you very much.
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by dhomespot »

If I woke up as a vampire, I do not think any of my family or friends would be surprised. However, I do believe I would panic, then party, and then panic again because now I have an eternity of hiding.
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck
Masinde
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-masinde.html

Post by Masinde »

It is incontestable that I do fear watching vampire movies.Finding myself in such a state,first, I am sure may not tell if am so.But if it has to happen and realize it,Ii will really consternation.
Brea_21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brea-21.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Brea_21 »

I would flip out if I woke up a vampire!! First off it would totally flip my world inside out! I don't believe in vampires and to become one would be freaky! I wouldn't want to be immortal either!
Lincoln
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Very Loving Caterpillar
Bookshelf Size: 48
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Lincoln »

ramblinggnomes wrote:If you woke up to find a drunken night and a one night stand has converted you into one of the undead, what would you do?
Erik takes it on the chin but I'm not sure it would be for me! I'd rather curl up in a corner and cry.

What about you? Would you want to run and hide or would it be the best thing that had ever happened to you?
Would definitely freak me out, but I would probably try to make the best of it. I might end up being evil, though...hard to tell! Lol
Lincoln's book, Raven's Peak is the OnlineBookClub.org April 2017 Book of the Month.

View Raven's Peak on Lincoln's website.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
Jessica Samuelsen
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-samuelsen.html
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jessica Samuelsen »

I would panic at first, then I would learn and adapt to the situation to be as humane as possible, like Twilight Vampires.
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

As many have said above, I'm sure that the first thing anyone would do is panic. Everything you know and understand about life and existence has been ripped out from under you. I think it is what you do next which is likely to define who you are. As the OP said... curl up in a corner and cry or make the best of a bad situation: maybe you look dashing in a cape and didn't like garlic in the first place!
matildajay
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =4056">The Glass Castle</a>
Currently Reading: The Tender Bar
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matildajay.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by matildajay »

Chances are I would have a solid ten minute panic session, bit of a break down. I mean I have just found out I've become a monster to some, a god to others. After that I'd probably try to rationalize the whole situation, and ask as many questions as I could from whoever turned me into one. Get the facts, make a list of pros -cons (big on lists here,) and then figure out who of my human friends I could break the news to.
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD
Aimy
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aimy.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Aimy »

ramblinggnomes wrote:If you woke up to find a drunken night and a one night stand has converted you into one of the undead, what would you do?
Erik takes it on the chin but I'm not sure it would be for me! I'd rather curl up in a corner and cry.

What about you? Would you want to run and hide or would it be the best thing that had ever happened to you?
Just thought of waking up as a vampire gave me the creeps. God knows what I'll do if it actually happens :shock2:
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
hailvilla18
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailvilla18.html
Latest Review: "Loving Marie" by Dawn Reno Langley

Post by hailvilla18 »

If I wake up as a vampire, I would panic. I easily adapt to changes. However, unexpected happenings really shock and scare me. I think my initial reactions would be to shout and question people on how I became who I am now.
Latest Review: "Loving Marie" by Dawn Reno Langley
Sparkletime
Currently Reading: The Tombs of Atuan
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparkletime.html
Latest Review: "The Protectors, The First Coming" by Jonathan Gregory Reed

Post by Sparkletime »

I probably would end up going to a hospital and becoming an experiment subject because I would panic and not understand what's wrong with me. I'm just not sure partying as soon as I become one could happen.
Latest Review: "The Protectors, The First Coming" by Jonathan Gregory Reed
CarrieMe
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carrieme.html
Latest Review: "Away From The Sun" by Rebecca brisbane

Post by CarrieMe »

I would certainly be on the panic and then curl up in a corner and cry end of things. I don't deal well with major, unexpected life changes sometimes.
Latest Review: "Away From The Sun" by Rebecca brisbane
Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Post by Jeyran Main »

It depends on what kind of vampire I am getting up to be. If I am one of the Twilight ones, then yes, I will be happy as a bunny.
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards
jwheeler28
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jwheeler28.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by jwheeler28 »

I don't know how I would react to waking up as a vampire. I don't think I would panic though, but I wouldn't party either. I think it is something I would probably take in stride. I would probably think this is my life now and I would have to deal with it. Not saying I haven't thought about what it would be like to be one. To have the freedom to be who I want without worrying about others opinions. Most people I am sure have thought the same thing in their lives at least once. I know a bunch who have thought about it, but none who have considered that the only way to live. So in the end, no I wouldn't panic, and no I wouldn't party, but I would accept it as my life taking a turn in a new direction. I would live my new life to the fullest and not allow myself to dwell on what could have been.

Return to “Discuss "Nightlord" by Garon Whited”