- Posts: 524
- Joined: 07 May 2014, 21:57
- Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
- Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
- Currently Reading: Nadira
- Bookshelf Size: 69
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
- Latest Review: JED by Jim Wetton
- fav_author_id: 6216
I enjoyed the book overall, although there were several times when i felt like it could have ended. I haven't decided whether I'll read the other books or not. I guess it'll depend on if I can borrow it from my library or get it for free.
- Posts: 961
- Joined: 07 Jul 2016, 02:16
- 2019 Reading Goal: 12
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 25
- 2018 Reading Goal: 25
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 28
- 2017 Reading Goal: 20
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 819
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
- Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
I was halfway through the book when I learned it's the first book in the series. Now that I've finished reading it, I'm looking forward to reading the 2nd and 3rd books, too. That will have to wait, though. It took a long time to finish the first book so I want to take a breather for now.
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Posts: 371
- Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 11:41
- Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
- Currently Reading: Carnivore
- Bookshelf Size: 51
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-craft.html
- Latest Review: "Perdido Bay Blues" by Jacqueline Lane
- fav_author_id: 26410
I finished but don't think I'm going to continue with the series.
Latest Review: "Perdido Bay Blues" by Jacqueline Lane
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 12 Jul 2016, 20:26
- 2017 Reading Goal: 48
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 6
- Bookshelf Size: 195
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbarnes.html
- Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
- Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
hsimone wrote:I knew this was the first of a series, but I didn't know how many books were already published. I just finished the book yesterday, and personally, I do not plan on continuing the series.
Honestly, I do not see the reason why it had to be so long and felt that many of the supporting/secondary characters forgettable. There were times where I felt the whole reason for him entering the new world unfocused and Eric/Halar spent so much time doing other things that I wondered if we would ever find out if he ever gets his revenge or not. All in all, I do not plan on continuing.
I agree with you one hundred percent. I could not get through this book. It was to the point to where I just quit reading it. It was a long fifteen percent of the book that I read. I could not get passed the fact that no one was reporting anyone missing. I do not see how that was not addressed in the book. I will not be reading the rest of the series. I could not even finish it for the review team. I did my review as to the reason why I did not finish it. There were to many questions as to what was going on for me to get through it.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 04 Sep 2016, 15:38
- Currently Reading: 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus
- Bookshelf Size: 39
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandratwp-brw.html
- Latest Review: "If God Is Not for Me, Then He Must Be Against Me!" by DeShaun Johnson
- Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
I enjoyed this book quite a bit, but the length of it has me reluctant to start the other two. When I don't like a book, I don't finish it; life's too short for that. But when I do like a book, or when I pick up one from an author I enjoy, I want to know I'll be able to finish it. It's been a few months since I finished reading Nightlord, and while it stays fresh in my mind, I have not been ready to commit to another book of that length.
Latest Review: "If God Is Not for Me, Then He Must Be Against Me!" by DeShaun Johnson
Christina O Phillips
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 06 Feb 2017, 10:20
- 2019 Reading Goal: 60
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 11
- 2017 Reading Goal: 52
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 125
- Currently Reading: Oz
- Bookshelf Size: 1319
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-o-phillips.html
- Latest Review: Life Is Not Complicated-You Are by Carlos Wallace
- Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
The fourth book in this series, Knightfall, is available today on Kindle Unlimited. I read the description and the first ten pages and I want to read more, but I don't like reading series out of order so now I have to pick up a copy of Nightlord.
- Posts: 720
- Joined: 25 Jun 2017, 05:07
- 2017 Reading Goal: 60
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 85
- Bookshelf Size: 64
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
- Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
I did not know about the other books of the series.But, I don't think I am going to continue the series.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
- Posts: 245
- Joined: 05 Jun 2017, 09:49
- Bookshelf Size: 18
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html
- Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
I will read them but maybe not right now. However, I look forward to reading them.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David