Review by baroukers -- Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
baroukers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baroukers.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Review by baroukers -- Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by baroukers »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Happy Healing" by Dominique Bourlet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When I saw Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet listed for review, I was excited to pick it up and start reading it. I recently got master certified in Usai Reiki, so I wanted to see what the author of this book had to add to my knowledge of alternative healing treatments. He explains in the book how his background in different forms of Asian medical traditions (Ayurveda, yoga, Chinese acupressure, Watpo Thai traditional massage, and others not listed) and even horse whispering, lead him to combine his knowledge in all of them to create a new kind of therapy focusing on the body part (or parts) in pain (shortened to BOP in the book).

His program is broken into six phases, all designed to help the patient learn to accept and love the body part or parts that are in pain by getting the patient to listen to what the BOP is trying to tell them physically, emotionally, and psychosomatically. Through this acceptance of the pain and eventual lessening of the pain and frustration involved with the BOP, the patient should find a closer knowledge of themselves, their body, and if love and acceptance are fully achieved (through working through phases 5 and 6 especially), their unity with whatever higher power they relate to. Though his approach is somewhat from a Buddhist tradition, he stresses that the method can be adapted to whatever religious or nonreligious tradition the patient follows.

I found that even while reading the book, I was feeling some relief myself. He gives prayers and other rituals that can be done before and after the main treatments begin, and those could be very helpful for any person practicing any sort of treatment, even conventional medical treatment, such as giving cancer patients more control over their pain and better quality of life. As a bonus, the author offers a mini-workbook that can be downloaded from his website that helps with the first four phases of the treatment, including the worksheets he suggests be filled out before starting the treatment.

The book has a few language errors, but those are explained by English not being the author’s first language, and a few formatting errors, but overall, this is a very well edited book. I give it 4 out of 4 stars. I can’t pick out a part that I disliked, but nothing really stood out for me either. This is a book for anyone interested in alternative treatments that have a spiritual side to them, and there are several ideas that can be incorporated into other healing systems as well as being used as a stand-alone system.

Happy Healing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like baroukers's review? Post a comment saying so!
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

I really recommend this book to the ones who are having physical pain. This one was good I rated it 4 out of 4 stars. Thank you for the review!!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”