Review by Anthony__ -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Review by Anthony__ -- The Biblical Clock

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Every product has an expiration date, irrespective of its time frame. Have you ever imagined how old the universe is? Based on creation, the scientists and religious organisations are contradictory to each other. However, in The Biblical Clock, Daniel Friedmann with Dania Sheldon has proved that the two bodies are like, a two-sided coin that complements each other. This book focuses on the estimation of the age of the universe through scientific, historical, and biblical evidence. At this point, one might ask, “why should I bother?” The purpose is to determine the current age and calculate the end-times of the universe.

The Biblical clock is the summary of the Friedmann’s previous creations: The Genesis One Code, The Broken Gift, and The Roadmap to the End of Days. For detail reading, one can visit the listed books. However, this book is a stand-alone novel. Friedmann divided the book into three parts. In part one, he addresses all the questions about doubts based on historical viewpoint. Some formulas were used to reconcile the biblical and scientific timelines. Also, the author considered different scholars’ manuscript from Acre, Russia, London, and Syria to reinforce his points. Part two uses the formulas to predict the universal's present age and re-examine the end-times of the universe. Finally, part three takes us back to the beginning for proper understanding.

I made sure I had a neutral mind while reading the book in order not to be biased in my judgement. The book is very informative and well-researched, although very intricate. As I was reading the book at some point, I was using my calculator to do the multiplications in David’s manuscript. As affirmed in Psalm 90:4, it is written, “For a thousand years in your site are a day.” I like the author’s tone of writing. He was not biased in analysing the different religious point of view. Furthermore, the illustrations and map made each chapter of the book meaningful. Also, I like the calculations involved and how the author explained the creation processes.

There are three things I did not like. In Adam and Eve’s explanation, the author failed to provide a biblical reference for the reader’s perusal. Also, the author referenced Isaiah and Ezekiel from the Old Testament when he was explaining the end-times. However, there is an omission of John's account in the book of Revelation in the New Testament. Finally, as a Christian, I think the author majored mostly on Judaism. Notwithstanding, I learnt some useful information from the book.

Overall, I rate The Biblical Clock 3 out of 4 stars. I subtracted one star because the author did not cover the entire Bible in his analysis. The book is well-edited. I found only two grammatical errors which did not distract my reading interest. Therefore, I would recommend this book to cosmologists and religious scholars. Other audience may not like it that much.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves

Like Anthony__'s review? Post a comment saying so!
Olaoluwa_oso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olaoluwa-oso.html
Latest Review: The Misadventures Of Jimmy Crookshank by D.R. Blair

Post by Olaoluwa_oso »

I find books like this difficult to read. Nice review though.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

I subtracted one star because the author did not cover the entire Bible in his analysis.
I concur with you here. I felt the title of the book is misleading. One would expect from it that the discussion would be based majorly on the bible, not Judaism.

Although I did not subtract a star because the book is well written, I am happy to see I'm not the only one who found the story of Adam and Eve a bit over the top! Thanks for the great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Itskai88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itskai88.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Itskai88 »

Sounds good if one will be able to overlook the flaws. Great review!
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

Cotwani wrote: 09 Feb 2019, 05:38
I subtracted one star because the author did not cover the entire Bible in his analysis.
I concur with you here. I felt the title of the book is misleading. One would expect from it that the discussion would be based majorly on the bible, not Judaism.

Although I did not subtract a star because the book is well written, I am happy to see I'm not the only one who found the story of Adam and Eve a bit over the top! Thanks for the great review!
Thank you for stopping by Cotwani :), I am glad you also saw it.
dawudsky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by dawudsky »

I cherish the review by Anthony. It is directly to the point and exact. The book appears to have its benefits and would be valued by people looking for religious answers.
Helen91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen91.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Helen91 »

I love that the author was not biased while dissecting different religious views. I however agree with you that the title of the book is misleading.
Great review Anthony
Dawud Adaviruku
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawud-adaviruku.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Dawud Adaviruku »

I adore it when authors can examinations diverse issues without being bias. This sounds like a fascinating book. I however concur with the author that the two bodies exist to complement one another. Great review.
promise10
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 74

Post by promise10 »

A lot of thought and research went into this book as i can see from this review and although the title is like a click-bait, i like the fact that the author was not biased in analysing the different religious point of view. Excellent work.
IamShing
Favorite Book: Doctor Sleep
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamshing.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by IamShing »

I had read the book as well and I agree with your arguments here. Great review.
'Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.'
Helena91
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helena91.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Helena91 »

I think the author needs to do more research, nonetheless, the book will be helpful for religious folks seeking answers. Thanks for the review
Wambui-nj
Favorite Book: Half of a Yellow Sun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wambui-nj.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins

Post by Wambui-nj »

I really loved the book. Although, the Author needs to provide more scientific evidence to compare with the Biblical viewpoint. It's more of the Jewish perspective rather than a comparison of scientific and Biblical.
kenroyreviewer
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenroyreviewer.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by kenroyreviewer »

Itskai88 wrote: 09 Feb 2019, 06:32 Sounds good if one will be able to overlook the flaws. Great review!
As human beings are imperfect the flaws of a book can be overlooked if the writer tries his/her best to write a better novel in the future or correctly edit an existing one.
kenroyreviewer

Post by kenroyreviewer »

dawudsky wrote: 17 Feb 2019, 08:30 I cherish the review by Anthony. It is directly to the point and exact. The book appears to have its benefits and would be valued by people looking for religious answers.
All books that is inspired and quotes from the bible is correct because it has not taken its points from man made thinking but is teaching what is in the mind of God.
kenroyreviewer

Post by kenroyreviewer »

promise10 wrote: 28 Mar 2019, 18:28 A lot of thought and research went into this book as i can see from this review and although the title is like a click-bait, i like the fact that the author was not biased in analysing the different religious point of view. Excellent work.
In religion there is sometimes preference over some religious teachings over others, so the author has done a fantastic job in giving his own unbiased viewpoints in this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”