Review by T_stone -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rose Harebate
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-harebate.html
Latest Review: Family Honor-III by T. O'Neil Charity

Re: Review by T_stone -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

Post by Rose Harebate »

Though the book is a fun read, I felt my stomach turning at some of the illustrations explaining a foul smell. The author was indeed able to deliver a sense of realism to the story. Nice review!
Olaoluwa_oso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olaoluwa-oso.html
Latest Review: The Misadventures Of Jimmy Crookshank by D.R. Blair

Post by Olaoluwa_oso »

The book cover will definitely attract kids to read the book. Colorfully illustrated with message on cleanliness in it. Good review.
Ama_writes
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ama_writes »

3 out of 4 stars is very fair. I love your review and I look forward to more.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

Rose Harebate wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 08:33 Though the book is a fun read, I felt my stomach turning at some of the illustrations explaining a foul smell. The author was indeed able to deliver a sense of realism to the story. Nice review!
I actually felt the same way when I read one of OBC reviews on it. It was fun to read eventually. Thanks for your comment
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

Olaoluwa_oso wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 09:06 The book cover will definitely attract kids to read the book. Colorfully illustrated with message on cleanliness in it. Good review.
The book is well-illustrated. Kids would love to go through it. Thanks for your comment.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

Ama_writes wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 11:08 3 out of 4 stars is very fair. I love your review and I look forward to more.
Thank you for stopping by. I hope to see you do reviews too
:tiphat: :D

Rob White
BelleReadsNietzsche
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche »

Also, while describing Sigfried’s socks, Foley wrote the names of each pair of socks in the color they were, except for the blue socks, which he wrote in red.
Oops! This is a big mistake in a book that is for kids who may be still learning their colors.
It will help them teach their children about the importance of good hygiene and healthy living.

A vital lesson! Glad this book makes it fun. Thanks for your review.
"The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." -Ratatouille (2007)
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

BelleReadsNietzsche wrote: 16 Feb 2019, 16:09
Also, while describing Sigfried’s socks, Foley wrote the names of each pair of socks in the color they were, except for the blue socks, which he wrote in red.
Oops! This is a big mistake in a book that is for kids who may be still learning their colors.
It will help them teach their children about the importance of good hygiene and healthy living.

A vital lesson! Glad this book makes it fun. Thanks for your review.
I'm sure the author didn't take note of that as it was a very slight mistake by him. Thanks for stopping by.

Rob White

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”