Review by Avidreader_reviewer -- Roadmap to the End of Days

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Avidreader_reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidreader-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Review by Avidreader_reviewer -- Roadmap to the End of Days

Post by Avidreader_reviewer »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Roadmap at the End of the Days illustrates a scientific and biblical view of universal events.
Right off the bat it jumps from religion to religion to differentiate beliefs. But eventually focused towards one religion. Mr. Friedmann portrayed how history, by closely studing its pattern, leads us to answer “when” is the end of times.

Many scientist and self-proclaimed prophets pinpointed the end of times so reading a book that depicts the end of the world is not news. But I have to praise Mr. Friedmann for his dedication in researching and incorporating religious beliefs and science. Mixing both elements in one book is hard work because of conflicting views of creation and theories.

As a Christian, it’s eccentric to not hear Jesus in this book. The New Testament is not meantioned either. It’s weird to read a book that gives an overview of God’s plan without mentioning Jesus in it. To leave Jesus, who plays a huge and important role in the Bible, makes the book incomplete as it narrowed down to certain Christian beliefs and not covering the whole aspects of it. However, it provided a detailed study that provokes arguments and curiosity from the readers.

This book is well-researched and as such it is backed up with charts and illustrations to clearly demostrate the chronological order of history with a touch of scientific explanations. I suggest to use a tablet or laptop to read the ebook version. Reading in your Kindle can be a hassle with the charts and illustrations.

As for Mr Friedmann's writing style, it is simple yet informative. It is expository and engaging making the reader flip the pages with curiosity and gusto. I like how he compressed such information in a few pages, which I did not expect.

Summing all of the downsides and strengths of this book, I'm giving it two out of four stars. I have to say this won't be a hit to the current generation, who seems to be fleeting away from religious beliefs. But for some who are, it could either be a hit or a miss. For theology enthusiasts this might raise more questions than answers. Although it's a well-researched work, there are still questionable theories presented by Mr. Friedmann. What concerned me most is the exclusion of Jesus in the big picture. That itself made me apprehensive of his theories.

Roadmap to the End of Days
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Avidreader_reviewer's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”