Review by okagbare_ -- Invisible Me by H M Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
okagbare_
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades Trilogy #1)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okagbare.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Review by okagbare_ -- Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by okagbare_ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Invisible Me" by H M Irwing.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Invisible Me by H. M. Irwing
Freddie Lynch had a crush on her best friend’s cousin, Edwin Carr. After mixing a weight loss supplement with her father’s miracle cure for obesity in her attempt to lose weight for a party she was to attend with her best friend, Kyle Lykin, of which Edwin was supposed to be present, she became really sick.

Fast forward to a year later, at age eighteen, Freddie Lynch had become invisible as a result of the fateful incident of the past year. In a bid to reconnect with her best friend after she had been isolated from the outside world throughout the past year, she ran into Edwin who by then was struggling with guilt of the death of his ex-fiancé. After Edwin was able to get accustomed to her invisibility and Freddie found out that she was not totally over her crush for the sexy billionaire, it was only a matter of time before both of them could not ignore the increasingly potent attraction that raged between them.

I enjoyed reading the book a lot. I found it to be an interesting read with lots of unexpected twists. I liked that the author was able to incorporate science and crime into the story line as well as unforeseen plots which gave the story line interesting twists that seized my attention throughout the duration of the novel. I also enjoyed the spontaneity of the characters. I found the beginning of the second chapter to be quite bland though because I found the structure of that particular part of the novel to be slightly unpolished.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I believe the writer made a good attempt at bringing the characters to life, thereby making the story line seemingly realistic.

While I would recommend this book to anyone interested in a short, interesting novel to relax with, I specifically recommend this book to young teenagers and adults alike mainly because I am of the opinion that they would be able to connect easily to the characters particularly Freddie’s ability to overcome her insecurities and take risks, her willingness to exploit the seemingly disadvantageous situation she found herself in, her ability to get results in spite of all odds, as well as her passionate attitude to helping the people she loved when they were in trouble. It would also teach them about the importance of friendship.

The errors I noticed were in:
1. The ninety-seventh page, third sentence of the last paragraph: “The urge to fight me was gone from his eyes and instead her dropped his darkening gaze down to my feet, to slowly drink me in as he swept them back up.” and;
2. Chapter thirteen, the sixth line of the third paragraph: “That still meant more that I could have ever imagined.”

Invisible Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like okagbare_'s review? Post a comment saying so!
Flowers123
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flowers123.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Post by Flowers123 »

This sounds like a coming of age story. It seems the author has done an excellent job of relating the popular struggles faced by most teens and young adults — insecurity and need for acceptability being part of the battle. It's an exciting read. Thanks for the review.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

The premise is unique and the unexpected twists and turns add to the book's allure. I hope to pick it up soon. Thanks for the great review.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”