Review by MajdBookAuthor -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MajdBookAuthor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-majdbookauthor.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Review by MajdBookAuthor -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

Post by MajdBookAuthor »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley is about a kid who’s smelling bad smells from his book not knowing their source, he is guessing where these smells come from. Obviously this kid isn’t taking care of his book. The bad smell could be some rotten food left their long ago or someone else messed with the book slipping food on it or he simply threw it somewhere and the pets messed with it. He also doesn’t care about his personal hygiene, he doesn't bother whether his clothes, socks, his room are dirty or clean and certainly all his house.

It seems like a poetry to me than a book, a lot of illustrations and colors and few words in each page. it doesn’t give any value or teach anything, not even a story that someone can enjoy reading, the author is talking about the dirty book and the dirty socks in a funny way or as if it’s normal to be careless about our stuff or to live in a dirty place and it’s not. Even when the kid decides to clean his socks, he cleans them in the toilet seat maybe he'll use a brush and maybe not, maybe he'll use a good kind of soap and maybe not !! and he's happy about that, I didn't find that convenient.

As a book directed to kids, it should instead teach them how valuable the books are and how to like their books and maintain them. Encourage them to make their own library at home where they can keep their favorite books. Kids must learn not to mess with books or be careless about them.
Kids have also to learn how to keep themselves clean, their clothes, their stuff, their homes and how keeping everything clean is important for their health.

But I can say that the illustrations are good and relevant although disgusting but each illustration in each page expresses well what it's talking about.

I rate this book 1 out of 4 I don’t recommend it to anyone because it’s of no use, it doesn't teach anything, it’s a waste of time even though it’s small and takes no time to read but since it’s of no use it will definitely waste someone’s time. A disgusting book about bad smells and dirty stuff. I can’t see why someone would write such a book.

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like MajdBookAuthor's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”