Review by ug_darlin -- My Trip To Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ug_darlin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ug-darlin.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review by ug_darlin -- My Trip To Adele

Post by ug_darlin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My Trip To Adele starts in Rome where we find Elias, unable to move on with his life, as he is hunted by the memories he shared and lost with Malika, the love he left behind. Perhaps, it was witchcraft that chased him off or maybe it was his choice but he will undertake a journey filled with memories and perhaps magic to find a conclusion to his tragic love past. He returns to Marrakesh, Morocco, where it all started. We walk with him through the streets of Marrakesh and his memories as he seeks closure.

Then we are taken to Las Vegas, USA where Yaser and Mariam struggle to rekindle the love in their marriage amidst their routine lives with Yaser feeling rather inhibited by the marriage. They undertake a journey to find and revive a loving memory from their past in order to save their marriage, a journey that questions Yaser’s faith in God and his wife. In Amman, Jordan, we find Nadia, a single mom who is determined to give her son, Waleed, the best life despite attempts by her ex-husband, family and society to stop that. She must make sacrifices for the sake of her son and herself.

Three stories of love and sacrifice joined together by their love of Adele. Adele walks with them through their struggles and journey through her songs. They all hoped to see her perform live at her concert in Italy for their own individual reasons. Elias to find his lost love based on a promise from the past. Yaser and Mariam to rekindle a love, they may never have had. Nadia to give her son and herself the freedom that society wishes to take from them at every turn.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I loved reading this book, it was like I walked through the streets with the characters, felt their fears and their hopes. My favorite part was when Nadia called the cops. Although, I wished things had turned out differently, it was a reminder that there are strong women in the world, fighting unjust laws and traditions. I loved the use of Adele songs and how there seem to be a song for every moment. Even how her songs helped change Elias’s Malika to the English Malika. Yaser and Mariam’s story was a reminder that love is a choice and not just a feeling.

It’s really hard to find what I didn’t like about this book. Although, I didn’t like the ultimate sacrifice Nadia was forced to make for the love of her son. I guess I just wished things had gone a bit differently but I realize that realistically things like that happen to a lot of single moms but the injustice of it still remains.

My Trip To Adele is a book you just have to read. It’s about love, sacrifice and choices. The love and sacrifice of a mother for her son, the despair of a broken marriage, the quest for love lost and closure; three stories united by Adele and their love for her songs.

My Trip To Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ug_darlin's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”