Review by bavln -- Randy Love...at your service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bavln
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bavln.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Review by bavln -- Randy Love...at your service

Post by bavln »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

[Following is a review of "Randy Love at your Service" by Shay Carter.]

The book is about Randy, the last child among the three children of Mr. John Love. The book starts off with him living with his father. He decides to move out from his father's place and live on his own in shared apartment. Randy doesn't seem to be pressured with life as he live everyday as it comes. He gets an agent who helps him get part time jobs, which include working partly at different bars or serving at events. He later gets a full time job as a counter clerk. He also has one year left to complete his degree in business.

Throughout the novel, the author explores on family life, friendships, work life and love life of the main character. The character is shown to interact well with his father whom he has lived with for most part of his life, and sometimes calls him for advice. It's also shown how he interacts with his sister and brother who live different lives as compared to him. Randy still hangs out with his school friends and also keeps good friendship at work. Although Randy doesn't seem to be worried about life, wanting to be independent makes him work part time and full time. He is surprisingly good at his full time job, but silly drama is guaranteed wherever Randy is working. Randy believes he is irresistible when it comes to women so he explores it all, from one nightstands to short time relationships.

The story is likable as, Randy`s life gets more interesting as he keeps moving from one apartment to another, and making sure to leave laughable drama behind. The parties with his friends, the hookups he has and of what happens at some of his jobs would make anyone reading the book keep turning the pages. It's interesting and wonderful how he makes so much effort to get back at his landlord or how he tries hard to win silly bets with his friends. I was more amazed at how ready he was to change his comfortable routine so as to avoid responsibilities.

There are a few slangs used that i wasn't familiar with, but their meaning are explained at the index, so i had to check on the meaning to understand what the author meant. I would recommend anyone who is reading the book and not familiar with the slangs to check on their meaning in the index first before proceeding with the novel.

I would rate the book 3 out of 4 because it is an interesting book, full of surprising drama that is humorous. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes books that have drama or humor in them especially men drama.

Randy Love...at your service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like bavln's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”