Review by gl-gungor -- Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gl-gungor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gl-gungor.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Review by gl-gungor -- Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by gl-gungor »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Becoming the Dragon" by Alex Sapegin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book named as “Becoming the Dragon” is the first Sci-Fi/Fantasy book that I have ever read. Honestly, I always prejudge these kinds of books and find them as fanciful and exaggerated. But this book helped to fully change my mind. It made me to gain a new perspective. I could easily and quickly read it because of fluent wording. From now on, I am a new fun of Sci-Fi/Fantasy books and I want to read the other four books of the series.

As a brief summary, the book tells a story of a young, talented and a creative Russian boy, named Andy. He always tries to enrich his own world. After a sudden change in his life, he is limited in daily activities and tries to find different field of interests. He reads a lot, cooks delicious meals for his family and friends, he tries to learn archery. He never lets his disability to limit his life. On the other hand, these limitations make himself to explore new supernatural powers. His creative and brave site turns to a new living-being. He finds himself in a planet where elves, humans, orcs, nomes, and dragons all exist together. This adventure starting with an accident brings him to a new planet, a new dragon body with new wings. He destroys all the blocks by the power of being a dragon. He turns to a fighter and survivor. He is not a human anymore in this world, but he strongly tries to save his human-being.

As I know, it’s the first book of Alex Sapegin and this first book brought an award to the author. In my opinion, this success cannot be ignored. The book has a descriptive and also an easy reading language. The characters are well developed. Only, the first parts are a little bit detailed and hard to follow, but further parts meet the deficit. Especially, transformation to a dragon is described very successfully.

The story doesn’t end and finds a way through four following books. I encourage the book to all ages above 12. I am sure adults will also love it. For me, this is a very unique and fantastic story. As a reminder, you will also find a glossary at the end of the book. It helps a lot for the first time Sci-Fi readers, like me.

After all, I give “Becoming a Dragon” by Alex Sapegin a 4 out of 4 for the descriptive and easy language, captivating story and the quality. Strongly recommended.

Becoming the Dragon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like gl-gungor's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”