Review by lightinen -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lightinen
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lightinen.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Review by lightinen -- The Unbound Soul

Post by lightinen »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight is a story about spiritual findings and the adventures he takes to fulfill the longing to capture within himself what he refers to as Isness. Richard L. Haight begins with his encounters as a youth. He has visions which guide him to a higher purpose in life. He searches across continents to show him the way to inner peace.

The autobiography evolves into multiple religions. He delves into Tao, Buddhism, Christianity and brings content from each one to justify his beliefs. One such theory is referenced to Adam and Eve before eating from the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. As babies, we are completely innocent, not knowing right from wrong. As one grows, there is a desire to learn; first to sit up, then crawl and walk. It is their natural curiosity to gain knowledge. As one gets older the desire for curiosity is diminished and self-consciousness invades. Meaning that in young children their natural curiosity has not yet been blocked by knowledge.

Richard L. Haight learns martial arts at an early age. He continues and strives to advance in his teachings. Physical capabilities interfere and he struggles to overcome these through new processes. He begins teaching and elevates his students into meditation to help overcome obstacles and gain clarity. He also guides the reader into self meditation called Observation Meditation, the Dance of Self, and Shinkaido.

The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight is a self-help guide to regain inner innocence. He incorporates multiple religions along with techniques to gain a sense of advanced well being. He shows how one cannot understand light without experiencing dark and the need to incorporate our own natural desire to grow with innocent knowledge. I would recommend this book to anyone looking to gain inner clarity into life. However, if one is solely committed to one religion without openness to other teachings, they should pass on this read.

I am rating this book a 3 out of 4 stars. There is a lot of wordiness within the writing and at times is repetitive and goes off track. I did find the content and storyline entertaining and informative. It is advanced reading and requires one to have an open mind. I feel I can include several of the meditative teaching into my lifestyle. I did not find any major grammatical errors. This book is well written by the author.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like lightinen's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”