Review by Bukari -- Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bukari
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Review by Bukari -- Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

Post by Bukari »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Ripcord Recovery" by T.T. Sawyer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ripcord Recovery is a book written by T. T. Sawyer and it is in the genre of Non-fiction. The story is a memoir about the author. The author uses a pseudonym to conceal his true identity. The novel is written to give hope to alcoholics and drug addicts who have given up. The author starts to drink alcohol and use drugs in his teens. His quest for liquor and harmful drugs puts his life in danger as he begins to detect the physical and psychological effects of tearing down his body. He does not have any case with the police because he constantly makes his drinking habit anonymous. His wife threatens him that she is leaving because of the drug abuse.

The author did an excellent thing by not attaching his name to this book. The chapters are moderate to me according to their lengths, and I enjoyed following them one after the other. This work is worth reading for people who are battling with alcohol withdrawal symptoms. We have deviants in our society who have the minds to stop abusing hard drugs because they know the adverse effects of their actions. The appropriate information or support should be given to them by their peers or family members to aid them to overcome their fears.

Some alcoholics express the intention of abstaining from the canker, and I think we need to support them in a way to coax them out of their worries. The work is a medium that could extend a lasting way to touch people’s lives and make them change to be better in the future.

I thought Sawyer would invent characters who would share their own experiences in the fight against drug or alcohol abuse, but that was not the case. He rather focuses on his own experiences about the abuse of alcohol or potent drugs, their adverse effects, withdrawal symptoms, and the ways to curb them.

I, therefore, rate this work 4 out of 4 stars. I found two grammatical and typographical errors in the storybook. And I give the necessary credit to the author and the editor for their extensive work and diligence in editing the book. I hope Sawyer’s work would encourage and influence alcoholics to change for the better. The work would be intriguing to people who are ready to desist from abuse of drugs or alcohol. But the novel would be less interesting to people who have never tasted alcohol because they might not quite interpret some of the terminology used by Sawyer.

Ripcord Recovery
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Bukari's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." - Samuel Beckett.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”