Review by Carlos Keya -- My Trip To Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Carlos Keya
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-keya.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review by Carlos Keya -- My Trip To Adele

Post by Carlos Keya »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

BOOK REVIEW: My Trip to Adele.
Written by: R.I. Alyaseer and A.I. Alyaseer
My trip to Adele, as it is the title of the book captures reader's attention before even reading the book. The book is a fictional written at the context of love, marriage and life. Though the book volume is small, the contents are justifying to the key issues happening in real life i.e. marriage devotion and responsibilities.

The book has been divided into three different scenes in parts of the world which are all related to the favorite singer Adele with her songs and the Adele's concert at Verona in Rome. We find characters like Elias with Malika, Yaser with his wife Mariam and Nadia with her son Waleed, making the plot of the book.

Elias then in Rome decides to go back to his home country Marrakesh in Morocco to look for Malika whom he had in at Elfnaa square 8 years back. He decided to go back hoping to find Malika, having his memories occupied by Malika's sweet voice, her beauty, and the time they had spent together in the mountains.

They later met each other at Adele concert as they promised to each other. Elias decides to leave her and walked away, having realized that his heart was not interested in the then changed Malika he just met but to free himself from her memories occupied in his mind.

We find Yaser and Mariam going through quarrels and disagreements in their marriage. They have taken a step to seek counseling to try to fix their broken marriage. After 8 years of marriage, they fail to find a single moment of happiness so as to revive the happy memories in their marriage. Yaser chose for a trip to the Adele concert with his wife hoping to revive back the good memory they had had when he first proposed to Mariam, which Mariam initially was against it. At the airport they had another quarrel and Mariam walks away leaving Yaser behind, who later follows her back. He concludes that his kids and his wife Mariam were the memories he was looking for, that they were important to him and required sacrifice.

Another scene in Amman in Jordan, we see Nadia, being at work trying to convince the manager for her approval to leave work so that she and her son can go to Verona at Adele concert. Nadia and her husband have been divorced after 8 years in marriage, seeing that she could not tolerate the torture and disrespect from her husband. Nadia feels sorry for those women who have to endure all sorts of suffering and humiliations in marriage for the sake of their children and the love for their men. Now she has to stand on her own seeing her son as the only reason she must be happy in life.

Nadia loves the singer Adele and that's why she has made arrangements so that she can go to her concert with her son. Later her ex-husband bans Waleed from traveling abroad, leaving Nadia to go alone. Even she had the courage to travel without her, she realized that all the arrangements they had made was for her son, she can't leave her son behind, and decides to leave the plane following her son back who had left.

I haven't seen any serious issues like errors in the book. I found myself the book so interesting and inspirational to read filled with humor and adventure. The book is short and brief, so it won't take you much time.
I have decided to rate the book a 3 out of 4 stars rating. It is good for me. Enjoy reading the book as you might as well see something interesting in it.

My Trip To Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Carlos Keya's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”