Review by Macey -- Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Macey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-macey.html
Latest Review: Elvis Blue by Lee Roberts

Review by Macey -- Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

Post by Macey »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Toxic Side Effect" by Sandy Magner.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner, a story about Jeniffer Burns and her family. Jen is recovering from a drastic event in her life when she received a call from her mother. Her father was sent to the hospital and she learned her father might be poison. Her mother becomes one of the suspects in the case but she did not believe her mother can do those things to her father. To protect her mother, she tries to find the truth suspect but when she searches for the truths, she discovers a long family secret. What will she do when the person who did the crime is the least her person she suspects.

The author did a great job of creating the plot. While reading the book, you cannot stop suspecting which of the character is the murderer. You can feel the emotions of the character as if it is yours. Just like the character you cannot wait to find the true killer and how he/she manage to create the crime. You also what to know the reason behind the killing and why he/she did the crime. The book is very exciting and suspending but like other book is not perfect. Just like us, it has some flawed but tolerable.

My favorite character is Jen’s mother, Audrey Burns. As a mother, she did her best to stay strong for the people around her and especially to her daughter, despite the fact that she is being suspected of the death of her husband. As a wife, she did what she knows is best to protect her family and I admire her for that because not all woman can still love the man who he betrays her love. I really like her strong behavior when the investigator started to question her about the case while her daughter is being so nervous than her. My least favorite character is Jen because of her annoying behavior. She is much more nervous and paranoid than her mother.

The story of this book is not only about the crime and suspend but also about the family and self-healing. I like the part when the disaster was finished and the character is moving on in their life for good. It gives us a lesson that no matter what hurdle we encounter in our life we must stay strong and choose a wise path.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because it not just entertaining but gives you a lesson in life. I recommend this book to youth adults who love suspend story.

Toxic Side Effect
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Macey's review? Post a comment saying so!
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

Thanks for the honest review. A suspense story with a life lesson to learn may make for a very interesting read

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”