Review by Cotwani -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Re: Review by Cotwani -- Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Oulababe »

I also found that the author failed to demonstrate that Toni was a superhero through the illustrations. But the simple tasks he does to help out make him a hero nonetheless.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Yes, he is not a superhero that catches criminals as we are used to. Thanks for reading and commenting.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Ekta Kumari
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Humanity Must Survive the 21st Century by Theodore Vornicu
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari »

I love that you included a survey on a consumer's buying habits of children books. I agree with you on the lack of superhero action in the book, but I am interpreting it to be intentional by the author to convey to the readers that maybe you don't need out of the ordinary things to be a superhero and that the daily acts of kindness and respect are more important and in reality these virtues make you an actual superhero. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the thorough review and your style of writing.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Random reader wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 16:01 I love that you included a survey on a consumer's buying habits of children books. I agree with you on the lack of superhero action in the book, but I am interpreting it to be intentional by the author to convey to the readers that maybe you don't need out of the ordinary things to be a superhero and that the daily acts of kindness and respect are more important and in reality these virtues make you an actual superhero. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the thorough review and your style of writing.
I see your point and it's a good and fun way of teaching responsibility to children. Thanks for reading and commenting.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Julez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julez.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Julez »

I agree with Espie. You're a book author's dream reviewer. I love your reviews. They are detailed and well researched. Fantastic work here.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Julez wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 05:06 I agree with Espie. You're a book author's dream reviewer. I love your reviews. They are detailed and well researched. Fantastic work here.
Thanks for your kind words Julez, and for reading and leaving a comment. Truly appreciate.
-Walt Disney
fernsmom
Favorite Book: Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernsmom.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by fernsmom »

I'm just one of many voicing my opinion on your well-written and informative review. But, I would like to agree with all who said that you have a wonderful writing style that is enjoyable to read. My daughter is past the learning to read age, actually she is in the going to college age. But, after reading your review I am curious to read it myself.

Yes, I agree with what Espie wrote: "You are a book author and publisher's dream reviewer, Cotwani!"
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

fernsmom wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 20:11 I'm just one of many voicing my opinion on your well-written and informative review. But, I would like to agree with all who said that you have a wonderful writing style that is enjoyable to read. My daughter is past the learning to read age, actually she is in the going to college age. But, after reading your review I am curious to read it myself.
Yes, I agree with what Espie wrote: "You are a book author and publisher's dream reviewer, Cotwani!"
Thanks soo much fernsmom!
You might just enjoy the book. It takes about 5minutes to get through!
-Walt Disney
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

I love how articulate this review is, in addition to the extra effort you made in providing an analysis toward consumer behaviour. I really enjoyed reading the review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Sunnyroyish
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sunnyroyish »

In my opinion, this is a great children's book and it's a fitting review of the book. Great job!!!
Life is just a parenthesis in the vastness of infinity.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

I agree that it was good to see Toni's happy and fun attitude doing house chores and playing, but wished that there were some "real" superhero activities. I liked the colorful illustrations.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Great review! A few more activities would have been nice.
:tiphat:
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Vickie Noel wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 06:04 I love how articulate this review is, in addition to the extra effort you made in providing an analysis toward consumer behaviour. I really enjoyed reading the review.
Thank you! I appreciate your stopping by!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Sunnyroyish wrote: 18 Nov 2018, 02:31 In my opinion, this is a great children's book and it's a fitting review of the book. Great job!!!
Thank you. I appreciate your stopping by!
-Walt Disney

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”