Review by readandsmile -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Review by readandsmile -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by readandsmile »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And Then I Met Margaret represent a story of a businessman named Rob White who never stops achieving his dreams. He came from a poverty-stricken family that destined to take a job in the local factory located in their town. In the pursuit of his dream, Rob became a teacher and engaged also in business. Business bears a brilliant idea, but he never escapes the merchants fear, too. He experiences ups and downs in business. Momentarily, he encountered someone that twisted his world. Could this be Margaret that brought changes in his life?

And Then I Met Margaret written by Rob White procure a transformational book that will inspire many people through his personal experiences. How does his dream guide him into business? Do you have your own formula of having a luxurious life? If you give this book a try, you will absolutely encounter a word that will lift your hopeless soul.

His humble beginning mirrors many people in this generation. He represents a typical example from rags to riches story. His determination cheers a doubtful mind. I can relate to his passion for sharing his life experience to motivate other people. He never stops following his dreams even if he experiences failures and struggles in his business.

Along the way, he met different Guru that provide with him a valuable lesson. I appreciate that Rob never forgets the people who bestowed him pleasant lessons in life. I learned from his life on how he handles every situation even in tough times. Everyone of us has a negative action that sometimes will pull us down. The most meaningful thing is by not relying on our unpleasant attitudes.

I like Rob's honesty in writing his memoirs because he is true in his character towards the changes in his life. His personal experience inspires me a lot especially the way Rob handles each particular situation in his life.

Every chapter has its own story that leaves an important reminder to the reader. Some myths broaden my mind and impose on me with modern ideas. I even wonder why those myths were being preserved from generation to generation. The myth makes me realized I can accomplish better things than sticking to a myth that doesn't bring any changes at all.

I don't include any negative comments; I enjoyed flicking through this book because of the unique sequence of stories. It is professionally edited because I did not discover any errors. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The inclusion of Gurus makes me astonish as they make known their lives to Rob. Rob's business experience modefies my current situation. This book is best suited for a person who is looking for a change in their life.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like readandsmile's review? Post a comment saying so!
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
prinjeh18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prinjeh18.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by prinjeh18 »

I taught this book is a love story. Hmmm.. Hoping I can read this book. I wonder about the myths as well. I don't like to hear myths over and over again from my aunts and relatives; I don't know if it really existed.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

prinjeh18 wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 07:24 I taught this book is a love story. Hmmm.. Hoping I can read this book. I wonder about the myths as well. I don't like to hear myths over and over again from my aunts and relatives; I don't know if it really existed.
Thanks for reading😀 just try it. :tiphat:
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

Great review, just not sure this book is for me. I need a little more action and story than this book appears to deliver. Sounds like a book that is well delivered for what it is trying to accomplish.
labibliofile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-labibliofile.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by labibliofile »

This book reminds me a little bit of Connect the Dots by Rashmi Bansal which had brief interviews and interactions of the author with successful people and their journey of how they reached there.

I like books that where each chapter is a short story so that I can read each chapter independently and even if there is a huge time gap, I can enjoy the book and don't miss out on anything or have to re-read some chapters because I forgot something from the previous chapters!

Thank you for the review!
"Growth is the essence of life."
BelleReadsNietzsche
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche »

I like memoirs that offer wisdom. I LOVE your signature. It is, as the kids say, a mood. (And it sounds like this book in particulars may help combat those things!)

Thanks for this thoughtful and well-written review.
"The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." -Ratatouille (2007)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”