Review by Jameskan340 -- Small Change by Keddie Hughes

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jameskan340
Favorite Author: World map 1419 San Fernando Burbank
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jameskan340.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
fav_author_id: 153396

Review by Jameskan340 -- Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Post by Jameskan340 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Small Change" by Keddie Hughes.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Small Change by Keddie Hughes is a very nice romantic novel which centers on these leading characters Jim and Izzy. Jim an alcoholic driven young man married to Izzy is vying for a contract from Rangers which is being investigated. Jim, a fanatic supporter of Rangers also. Izzy a workaholic volunteer at the Citizens’ Advice Bureau is married to Jim. She schools alongside his work Schedule. Jim in the story has a character of a self-centeredness person, very jealous and he has a very hot temper, which her wife Izzy is able to cope with quite well. Jim is having fears of her wife cheating on her and reveals it to a therapist her mother had recommended for him because of her addictive drunkenness which is believed he acquired from his uncle Andy.

Izzy meeting Sean, an energetic journalist who is investigating a football team for embezzlement of funds at her job place gives her hope for a little adventure and this brings a twist to the story. You must be wondering, why would Izzy get involved with sean is it to get rid of his husband?. Sean is charming though but Izzy involvement with him has a hidden agenda. Also, the flirty character portrayed by Izzy is it to get money to support her son's tuition or what?. Let find out in this captivating novel.

The author is able to showcase to us the readers, the characters in the book quite well. Especially, Bridget a politically ambitious lady who is planning to enter politics through the Scottish National Party. I love the character of Bridget introduced into the scene very much but will his ambition be fulfilled?. I love the character of Moira who portrays herself to Izzy as a rich person, who has enough to money to get what she wants that can make her look Good, but I would say she is very arrogant.

This novel got me glued to my seat with it romantic words like the one between Mr. Docherty
and Izzy,"His English accent was as modulated as a BBC presenter. But I do not like the romantic antics played by Jim while in the car with Izzy. The touching of Izzy's breast reduces the audience level of this book to Adult only.

The book appears to be edited in the sense that there are relatively few grammatical errors
and few paragraphing errors. However, this is due to happen in every book and can be corrected
though. I can’t say there was a high level of suspense in the story.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 this because I love the way the main characters and the sub-characters are being portrayed in the novel and image it prints on your mind when you read it. It is very entertaining classic and I recommend it to any novel enthusiasts.

"Small Change"

Small Change
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jameskan340's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”