Review by MarieSparklezz -- Randy Love...at your service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MarieSparklezz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariesparklezz.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Review by MarieSparklezz -- Randy Love...at your service

Post by MarieSparklezz »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy Love...at your service" by Shay Carter.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Shay Carter's Randy Love At your service is a fictional novel that revolves around the hustle and bustle of an average British man , Randy love . The time frame of each activities in the book enables the reader to keep up with the story .

The book depicts the struggles of the protagonist to find his true purpose in life and earn plaudits from it . Randy had to be faced with the huge problem of moving from one house to the other and jobs to jobs but he found what he needed to do with his life through the havoc at the very end . The book is a typical embodiment of the fact that every disappointment could be a blessing.Carter sparked his book into life with some romantic condiments but it was of no good influence to readers especially the ones under the age of majority . The Romantic part intensified the extent of Randy's craze for Sex over his life . Also , the protagonist values friends a lot as one would always picture him amidst different set of friends in each chapter . Carter unveils the true value of friendship in the book as the protagonist found light at the end of the tunnel through the actions and inactions of each friend especially his older friend , Michael Goddard . The theme of friendship strengthened the plot of the story since it affects the decisions of the protagonist .

The language of the book is simple and easy to understand by an average reader . An average reader can still flow with the story even though it is coated with some British slangs . It is definitely not possible to get lost in each chapter as Shay Carter titled each chapter with its subject matter . The descriptive power of the author captivates me because it brings the reader to a sort of Cinema house setting or probably a drama stage that is , everything seems like you were really seeing this characters face to face . It seems to be a perfect fit for grammar conscious people because you would hardly find a grammatical error in the book .

The book is coated with a strong sense of humour .The humorous aspect is one of the few things that irritates me about the book especially from the likes of John Love(Randy's Father) and Randy Love himself . The humour amounts to stupidity and pettiness on the part of the characters . It robs them of their sense of reasoning . It seems unrealistic for a full grown father to secure his dressing gown around his waist with a sellotape because his belt has been missing(Chapter 1) . The Author portrays excessive humour as a pest to a man's true purpose in life . Randy was not able to think on his feet until he starts to see and act on the realities of life . Carter flows in the same line of thoughts with me as few characters like Michael Goddard and Ruth is engineered to challenge Randy's foolishness . However , the plot is quite complicated in that each chapter introduces you to different characters entirely alongside the main characters . One would have to start wallowing in new backgrounds .

I rate Randy Love at your service 3 out of 4 stars because it is relatable , typos free and didactic . I recommend this book to readers who likes British oriented books and a comedic protagonist .

Randy Love...at your service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like MarieSparklezz's review? Post a comment saying so!
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

This may not be a book for me, but thank you for your detailed review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”