Review by giantpanda5 -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
giantpanda5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giantpanda5.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Review by giantpanda5 -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by giantpanda5 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
A Physician’s Advice

Morton E. Tavel, MD

I am thrilled to see a book about topics that I have an interest in and find to be a part of most peoples lives. Dr. Morton E. Tavel gives advice after providing the latest facts and information regarding products and health issues that are in our lives everyday. This book allows you to look at the table of contents and decide which topics you would like to read up on and learn more about. If you prefer, you can read from beginning to end with a great flow in the order of topics discussed. In this book you will find information on foods, medicines, and general health issues. There are facts as well as practical advice.

What I most liked about this book was that it provided information on topics that I want to know more about and provided tips but ultimately I am the one that makes that decision based on the information provided. In each section there is the facts and statistics followed by a conclusion. What a great way to put it all together! I found this book interesting and easily read with a comfortable flow that I found enjoyable.

There is not much that I did not like of this book except that some chapters may not be of interest to all. In which case it is simple to just skip over and easily find a topic that interest you or that you want to know more about. I did notice one typo in chapter 20, third paragraph, fifth sentence. “Are” was used but it should have been “or”.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I give this rating because throughout each topic Dr. Tavel provided the information and backed it up with percentages, lists and charts. For example, in chapter 15 there is a list of high potassium foods and in chapter 13 a list of sodium counts in popular foods. Also there is a chart showing BMI (Body Mass Index) that can be used to see where you are in the chart in chapter 1.

Dr. Tavel ‘s book provides us with the information, facts, percentages, and examples along with his advice which gives us the power to make our own decisions on everyday issues in our lives. This makes for a book that is educational and useful. Therefore, I would recommend this book to all who want to learn more about what affects our lives.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like giantpanda5's review? Post a comment saying so!
P Reefer
Favorite Book: The Lost Identity Casualties
Currently Reading: De Facto Feminisn
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-reefer.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by P Reefer »

I quite agree that this is an educational and useful book definitely one to be saved on your cloud which I indicated in my review of this text.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”