Review by ParadoxicalWoman -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Review by ParadoxicalWoman -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by Marissa Michael »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I don't about you but in my opinion animals have feelings too because they are also one of God's creation. R.F. Kristi who authored this 183-page book The Diary Of A Snoopy Cat and illustrated by Jorge Valle is a story about a group of detectives which consists of a group of cats, a hamster, and 2 dogs.

The 3 cats Inca a Siberian kitty, Cara a Siamese kitty, and Fromage a Tabby-cat and who is also the mascot of cheese shop owned by Missy; a Roborovski dwarf hamster named Charlotte; and their owner called Missy have just moved from France, London to their new cottage in Kensington, London . Living next door to them is a world famous detective called Solo living in a huge and fancy house together with his assistant Hobbs, Monk his blue Russian cat and Terence a golden retriever dog who had went through to a well-known training school for dogs.

This Diary is written from the perspective of Inca who has an ambition to be a super-duper detective cat - a detective cat 'par excellence'. Her dream has become reality when this group of detectives is named after her which is 'Inca and company'. Even before they give a name to their team, they have already had an experience of solving the case of the opera singer, Senora over the missing of diamond necklace. Together this team of Inca and company work hard to settle this second case given by their client, Boss a Rottweiler dog which at first they disliked for being a bully except to Monk the only cat that Boss has a respect on.

Reading this book has left a lasting impression on me on how I should view cats and dogs, and has caused me to appreciate my cat and dog which are my reading partners even more. The subtle moral lessons that I have gained through reading this book: we are able to work together side by side despite our differences as long we have mutual respect for each other, nothing good can come out of being a bully because in future we will be in need of help from those that we bullied on, be quick to forgive because everyone makes mistake and by forgiving is where reconciliation will take place. In addition, the interesting part to me is this book has became my preliminary Christmas reading when I read the part where Inca, Cara, and Fromage are helping Missy to do Christmas decorations on a pine tree.

This book is recommended to children from ages 7-12 for early exposure of moral lessons behind this story, to everyone who adores their cats and dogs very much, and to those who are looking for books as an additional to their Christmas readings. If you are not an animal lover, then this book is not for you as it would not do justice to your imagination.

I am pleased to announce that I award this book 4 out of 4 stars for being well illustrated and has gone through for proper editing to make this book well written, and for the subtle moral lessons behind the story aside from as an entertainment.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ParadoxicalWoman's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I agree! Animals definitely have feelings. I'm glad you enjoyed this one. It does look rather cute! Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I absolutely agree that animals have feelings too! I'm reminded everyday with our mini-lab, Zoey. :) This does look like a cute children's book with a great message - working together, despite differences. I think many need a reminder of this, so I'm glad this book explores this theme. I'm glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the great review!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I love that the messages in the book are subtle. Nothing is worse than a book that is too preachy.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

I love the subtle moral lessons that you mentioned in your review. They were absolutely right.
Thank you for stopping by my review.
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

It amuses me no end to read animal stories, ever since as a kid. The fables were the foremost sources of morally uplifting stories I have found. And now, these cats' exploits make for entertaining reading, to even rival the humorous comic strips of Garfield, Felix the cat, or even the wit of the classic tale of Puss 'N Boots. Thanks for your review.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Children genre is one of my favourite genres so I like this book. Your review is great.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Marissa Michael

ReyvrexQuestor Reyes wrote: 29 Dec 2017, 10:19 It amuses me no end to read animal stories, ever since as a kid. The fables were the foremost sources of morally uplifting stories I have found. And now, these cats' exploits make for entertaining reading, to even rival the humorous comic strips of Garfield, Felix the cat, or even the wit of the classic tale of Puss 'N Boots. Thanks for your review.
Thank you for reading and commenting. This book has truly changed my view of animals. I often caught myself trying to imagine what type of conversations my cat had with my neighbor's cat whenever I see them.
Marissa Michael

Sarah Tariq wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 10:38 Children genre is one of my favourite genres so I like this book. Your review is great.
Thank you for reading and commenting Sarah. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who likes children's book.
sharkyjen998
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharkyjen998.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by sharkyjen998 »

That is too sweet how you say you will appreciate your pets more because of this book :) It makes me want to read it as well. I agree with your perspective about animals having feelings. Thank you for your well written review.
Marissa Michael

sharkyjen998 wrote: 05 Sep 2018, 17:35 That is too sweet how you say you will appreciate your pets more because of this book :) It makes me want to read it as well. I agree with your perspective about animals having feelings. Thank you for your well written review.
This book indeed has change my perspective on my cat. Whenever I see my cat with my neighbours' cats, it makes me think they're having meeting and I feel I need to give them privacy, lol. I believe you will enjoy this book. Thank you for your time in reading and commenting! :techie-reference:
Italiansweety1982
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-italiansweety1982.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Italiansweety1982 »

I just read this one. I had never read the other ones in the series. I did enjoy it, it's humorous and unique, but there are a lot of characters to keep track of! That part was difficult. Definitely a book an adult and child can read together over several nights.
Marissa Michael

Italiansweety1982 wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 16:52 I just read this one. I had never read the other ones in the series. I did enjoy it, it's humorous and unique, but there are a lot of characters to keep track of! That part was difficult. Definitely a book an adult and child can read together over several nights.
I an so glad you enjoyed this one. Thanks for reading and commenting.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Killing Shore
Bookshelf Size: 2389
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Reading this book has left a lasting impression on me on how I should view cats and dogs, and has caused me to appreciate my cat and dog which are my reading partners even more. The subtle moral lessons that I have gained through reading this book: we are able to work together side by side despite our differences as long we have mutual respect for each other, nothing good can come out of being a bully because in future we will be in need of help from those that we bullied on, be quick to forgive because everyone makes mistake and by forgiving is where reconciliation will take place.

I'm glad this book presents such important lessons. They will certainly benefit kids and are good for adults to keep in mind too.
I think most young readers love animal's stories and I hope books like this one inspire gratitude in all of us for our furry companions and what we can learn from them.
Great review, thanks!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”