Review by Dream16 -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dream16
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dream16.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Review by Dream16 -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by Dream16 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I want to start my review with a personal note: I am not Christian, nor do I wish to convert to Christianity. This review is coming strictly from someone who has slightly different beliefs than stated in this book... I went into this book knowing that it was written from a Christian perspective, and I entirely respect that. I enjoy reading religious material, as long as I am comfortable with the topic. The topics given in this book are familiar to me; as I believe the truth of these stories existed in my faith as well. I feel that even though this book is meant to strengthen your faith as a Christian, Non-Christians may spiritually benefit from this just as well.

Who Told You That You Were Naked? A Refreshing Reexamination of The Garden of Eden, by William E. Combs, is an extensive, non-fiction narrative of the story of Adam and Eve in The Garden of Eden, and how as a result, we as humans feel ashamed, or “naked” as Combs puts it, for our sins. This book explains in further detail why Adam and Eve were expelled from their ever-lasting paradise, along with the unfortunate story of the very first shedding of blood; committed by Cain to Abel. This book is written in reference to the bible, and has many biblical terms.

William E. Combs begins this insightful publication with a mesmerising memory of when he was just a child in the Alaskan winter. He goes on to describe just how beautiful the night time sky was while shining on the bright snow. This realization of God's creation is what brings you into the first chapter, with many important topics being covered, from Destiny to one's fate.

Fate is something people have a hard time coming to terms with and accepting. I felt this was one of the main points of the book; if your faith is strong, you must not let sin break you down. Sins are written in your fate, let them only make you stronger and learn from your mistakes; this will guide you back to our eternal bliss. This is truly an inspiring message for all faiths and beliefs.

William E. Combs has done a remarkable job with writing such an inspirational book. This reexamination of The Garden of Eden has made me refreshed and relaxed. Combs, being a reverend, has a way with his words that really speaks to your soul. I felt very comfortable reading this book, and I truly recommend people of all beliefs to read this healing narration of The Garden of Eden. Therefore, I have to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Simply soul reaching.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Dream16's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I am impressed by your objectivity in reading and reviewing this book. It is cliche, but we are all truly brothers (and sisters, of course). We should focus on what unites us and not on what divides us. Then, we can all go back to Eden.

Thank you for your enlightening review, Dream16!

P.S. I am a Christian.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”