Review by Gaby5ale -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gaby5ale
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaby5ale.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Review by Gaby5ale -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Gaby5ale »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven’s Peak is a paranormal thriller written by Lincoln Cole. When the inhabitants of Raven’s Peak are behaving oddly, Abigail Dressler is call on to find out what is happening. Abigail must deal with the guilt over the death of her mentor and prove that her dark past is behind her. She discovers a demonic threat of great proportion. Abigail rescues Haatim Arison, the son of a powerful Council member. Haatim sees demons and must come to terms with his family legacy. Together they will travel through the country, while fighting and escaping from those who would try to hurt them.

The plot of the story was fascinating and well written. The twists of the story were surprising and refreshing. I completely enjoyed this action-packed novel. Both main characters, Abigail and Haatim, are strong, multi-dimensional characters. They show growth as the story progresses. It’s very easy to become emotionally attached to them. The changes in Haatims character were my favorite, since we could see him grow to be more confident.

Another character I completely enjoyed was Arthur. Arthur is a master hunter that is imprisoned by a powerful demon. He only appeared in the prolog, but that was enough to leave an impact. I was initially sad that he was not the main character, but Abigail was such a great character that I didn’t mind.

Lincoln Cole did a great job developing his world and all the creatures in it. The action in this book is amazing, I could not stop reading. He succeeds in keeping a balance in a story that could be full of clichés, and the setting is brilliantly portrayed. The story had a perfect amount of mystery, action, and thriller to captivate me. The pacing was great from the beginning and it didn't slow down. The author is able to give enough details to keep the reader interested without making it feel like everything was being exposed to fast. This book had a very strong beginning, and exiting middle and a beautiful ending that expertly raps up the story in a way that has us exited for the sequel.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I would definitely recommend this book to fans of the supernatural and paranormal genre. If you are a fan of horror, this book may entertain you but I don’t think it’s what you are looking for. I am ready to read the second book of the series. My hopes are high for the rest of the series.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Gaby5ale's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Thanks, Gaby5ale, for sharing your thoughts about this fast-selling novel! I believe Lincoln Cole has more demons waiting for us.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

"The story had a perfect amount of mystery, action, and thriller to captivate me." It sounds exciting gaby5ale.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

The character of Abigail Dressler appears fascinating, a female rescuer. Although, Raven’s Peak sounds interesting from the review, paranormal thrillers are not for me.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

Sounds like a good book to read . I have put it on my reading list.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”