Review by ysyuan -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ysyuan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ysyuan.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Review by ysyuan -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by ysyuan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven’s Peak by Lincoln Cole offered an adventure with two main characters: a young demon hunter searching for a man who was taken away by a demon, and a Theology student who lost his faith to God after the death of his sister.

The story starts with an incident where a reverend was taken away by a demon. A young demon hunter who was one of the survivals in the incident step into an adventure in search for the reverend who had rescued her from the hand of a cult and raised her. It is when she encountered a Theology student who was a target of a demon. Whilst rescuing the student from the grasp of the demon, the demon hunter realized that there is a bigger plot being unfolded in front of them.

Lincoln Cole had put across his point of view regarding supernatural phenomenon involving demons throughout the story with his superb story-telling capability. The broad and profound knowledge of his had provided a foundation for him to both imagine creatively and explain logically in this book. His imagination is adequate to feed the curious mind of the reader to explore the world in the book and persuasive enough to persuade readers to believe the words he said. Furthermore, he is able to speculate the words and views of different personnel or organizations and takes them into consideration. The story is extremely clean with little sub plot and hence avoided digression from the main storyline.

The characters in this book were gifted with different personalities, and the emotions of the characters were concealed and freed just at the right time. The book had put the readers in the shoe of the characters with well-elaborated imbroglio of making a decision. The storyline was well-knitted although there are some foreshadowing was not explained and left suspended. In my opinion, there are a few minor flaws including the details of the characters was not elaborated and the dialogues in the story were lack of emotions.

I’ll rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars. The reason I give 3 instead of 4 is that there are several amendments can be made regarding the suspended plot and confusing dialogue. However, this plot of this book is well-knitted and the author had presented the story all-around with stunning details. Hence, I recommend Raven’s Peak by Lincoln Cole to everyone who loves fiction involving supernatural phenomenon.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ysyuan's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Thanks for your opinion on this book. I read this one myself. I found it to be a pretty quick, enjoyable read.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”