Review by Riptidemom8 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Riptidemom8
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riptidemom8.html
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey
Reading Device: 1400698987

Review by Riptidemom8 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Riptidemom8 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The 11:05 Murders by Brian O’Hare is a riveting crime fiction story! Brian O’Hare has the knack of keeping the crime a mystery until the very end.

It will have you on the edge of your seat, which makes it hard to put down. It has just enough romance (very little) to make it just a little more interesting, nothing sappy.

Sergeant Denise Stewart is one of the few women detectives in Ireland. Sergeant Stewart recently transferred to a new assignment in the Serious Crime Unit, due to uncovering corruption in her former station. Under the supervision of Chief Investigator Sheehan, she soon finds herself investigating murders that seem to be connected with an unreported crime from 12 years prior. Chief Investigator, Sergeant Stewart, and the Serious Crime Unit are in a race against the clock to find the connection between the suspects involved and the two victims. All while searching for the person they suspect will be the third victim. During this investigation, Sergeant Stewart finds herself investigating several cases at that develop through investigating these murders. Sergeant Stewart is taken under the wing of Chief Investigator Sheehan during her first investigation. Her first investigation has many twists and turns that has the entire team confused and going in different directions.

I liked that the story line kept my interest throughout. I mostly liked that I was kept on my toes and just when I thought I had the mystery figured out, something developed that made me doubt myself. The only thing that I disliked about the book was the use of acronyms that I was not familiar, as well as phrases that are not common to be but I am assuming is common in Ireland. However, this was not something that interfered with the flow of the story. Somewhat of a negative for which has nothing to say about the book is that I wish I had read the first book of the series.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is well written and has a smooth transition from chapter to chapter. I wish that I had known that this is the second book in the Chief Investigator Sheehan series. I would have read the first book prior to this book. I think it would have given me a little background on the character, Chief Investigator Sheehan. However, this is a personal preference for me and the book is great as a stand-alone book. I highly recommend this series.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Riptidemom8's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey
Vivian Paschal
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Currently Reading: Southern Cross
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-paschal.html
Latest Review: What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G by Herbert Scholes
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by Vivian Paschal »

"... just when I thought I had the mystery figured out, something developed that made me doubt myself" Welcome to the club, friend! The same exact thing happened to me and a few other readers. I guess the author did that deliberately. Like you, I did not like the unexplained acronyms and phrases (I pointed that out in my own review). I'm also very much interested in the first book of the series, and even the third which hasn't been published yet. Thanks for sharing!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”