Review by Slavia -- Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Slavia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slavia.html
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris

Review by Slavia -- Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris

Post by Slavia »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Breaking Sandcastles is a fictional romance book of 332 pages written by Kirk Burris. The book is about two people Marion Kelly and Jonathan Duquesne. Miss Kelly was a substitute art teacher at Westport High where Jonathan was a student. Their story began at first sight, love at first sight was more like it and as much as it is remarkable, it pays to get a second look.

The theme of the book is love. Stereotypes would have it that a man ought to be older than a woman for a relationship to last but the book Breaking Sandcastles beat all odds because Marion Kelly was 11 years older than Mr. Dequesne. Even though they went through a lot of turmoils that life put in their paths, they were able to overcome them. This shows that when it's come to love, nothing is deemed impossible. This is one of the reasons why I love the book.

Although, Jonathan was a student, his talent in art surpassed any other person that Miss Kelly knew including herself, making him her favorite student. This common interest in art brought them together. Art had been a huge part of both of their lives especially Jonathan who at some point in his life earned a living through painting not to mention when he painted the one and only Grace Kelly. I really loved that part! I believe art helps us reconnect with our surrounding and this is where our imagination comes to life. I am smittened by the fact that the book has all through portrayed the beauty of it.

The book is interesting and entertaining. The author made sure to add humor and that always captures the attention of any reader making sure that one gets glued to the book. In real sense, who doesn't love to have something to smile about? I believe none is the answer. Every happy book has a sad part in it and I must admit, i did cry at some point in the book. In my opinion, Kirk Burris nailed it in connecting us with the personae.

The target group of Breaking Sandcastles is adults only because some words used aren't meant for the view of children but all in all, it can give anyone a good run for their money. Readers should take a moment to get the book because it helps elevate our minds by teaching us that love is not only pure but it is also unconditional. Norms concerning love should be overcome because it limits our happiness and attainment of our hearts' deepest desires. The book helped me learn that life is full of chances and we should learn how to grasp every moment. All in all, nothing is deemed perfect and with that, I give the book a 3 out of 4 stars rating.

Breaking Sandcastles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Slavia's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”