Review by loves2read14 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
loves2read14
Currently Reading: Who Told You That You Were Naked?
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loves2read14.html
Latest Review: "Veterans Day" by J. J. Jorgens
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Review by loves2read14 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by loves2read14 » 30 Jun 2017, 10:49

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The 11:05 murders by Brian O’Hare is the 2nd book in the Inspector Sheehan series. It is a murder mystery with almost 400 pages, and it’s available as an e-book, paperback, or hardcover on Amazon for $2.50, $13.99, or $24.99 respectively.

Detective Sergeant Denise Stewart has just been promoted and transferred to the Strandtown police department and will be working in the Serious Crimes Unit under Inspector Jim Sheehan. She just has one thing left to do from her old position; she must testify against her old boss who, she discovered, was laundering money. With help from the Prosecutor, she testifies and her old boss is sent to jail, and her old colleagues are not happy. Her first homicide happens on a Tuesday night at 11:05. As she looks over the victim’s laptop, she finds some encrypted files. She is sure it has something to do with his murder. But all it is, is an obituary and a photograph from 12 years before. While she is trying to figure out how, or even if, this is connected to the murder she starts to feel someone is following her. Then one of her teammates is the victim of a hit and run, twice, and she starts getting phone calls from an anonymous informant feeding her information regarding the murder. When a second man is murdered the following Tuesday at 11:05, they realize they probably have 1 week to put all of the clues together or they will probably have more bodies. Who is her informant, and how does he know so much? Who is trying to kill her teammate? Could the 12 year old obituary and photo lead her to the answers and the murderer? And can they stop the murderer before he or she strikes again?

With this being the second book in this series, I think it needs to be said that it is also a stand alone novel. You do not have to read the first book to know what is going on in this one. The Author does an excellent job introducing each character and developing them throughout the book. The plot is interesting and the book itself is very well written.

I didn’t want to put this book down. The farther I got into it, the more I wanted answers. Every time I thought I had it figured out, there would be a twist that I didn’t see coming. It kept me guessing until the very end. The only small negative to this book is that it is set in Northern Ireland; therefore, some of the words are spelled differently than what I am used to.

Overall, I enjoyed this book very much. I give The 11:05 Murders a 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a good murder mystery; however, I would also caution readers to be aware there is some adult language in the book

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like loves2read14's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Veterans Day" by J. J. Jorgens

Vivian Paschal
2017 Reading Goal: 10
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 130
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Currently Reading: Southern Cross
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-paschal.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by Vivian Paschal » 16 Jul 2017, 01:29

Like you, I really enjoyed the book as the twists had me guessing all the way. I like the way you pointed out the questions that must be answered in your review. Good job!

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
2019 Reading Goal: 95
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 77
Currently Reading: Sunshine at the Academy
Bookshelf Size: 308
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: Forever Will End: Gospel of Chaos Book One by Dom Brandt

Post by kandscreeley » 17 Jul 2017, 10:56

I'm glad you enjoyed this one so much. I always appreciate stand alone novels that are in a series. It's like reading the series brings more light to different things, but you don't HAVE to read the series to understand one of the novels. Thanks for the review!
Good books, like good friends, are few and chosen; the more select, the more enjoyable.
-Louisa May Alcott

Izesicle
2018 Reading Goal: 48
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 20
2017 Reading Goal: 20
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 45
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle » 18 Jul 2017, 23:17

I agree with you when you said that the book can be a standalone even if it's part of a series. I didn't noticed the Irish unique spellings. I rated the book 2 of 4 stars myself.

Darakhshan Nazir
2017 Reading Goal: 20
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 65
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir » 24 Jul 2017, 08:29

I like novels full of mystery and suspense . seems like an interesting choice to read .
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Glennmahinay17
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Glennmahinay17 » 24 Jul 2017, 08:32

Need to review

-- 24 Jul 2017, 08:32 --

I'm reading it now

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”