Review by emScar -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
emScar
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emscar.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Review by emScar -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by emScar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The 11:05 Murders by Brian O’ Hare

Chief Inspector Jim Sheehan and his trusted team have taken on a new recruit, Woman Detective Sergeant Denise Stewart. Together they investigate a strange murder case where victims are being killed on Tuesday evenings at 11:05. The murders are eventually linked to an unreported rape case that had happened 12 years ago. Will CI Jim Sheehan and his team be able to solve these murders before another victim is attacked, can everyone on the team be trusted?

I absolutely loved this book with its clever plots and sneaky twists as well as the close-knit memorable characters I have grown to admire. The book pulls you in from the very first page. I loved the fact that the novel is written in a way keeps you guessing, just when you think you have it all figured out you realise you have been completely mistaken. Very cleverly written, this book will keep you on your toes until the very end. I am very picky with my authors (especially in the Crime/Thriller genre) and I tend to stick to my favorite few, however I was pleasantly surprised by this book and glad that I took a chance on a new author.

I quite enjoyed the Irish background on where the story is based. At first it took a bit of getting used to but once I was into it I absolutely loved that feeling of being transported to and experiencing this new part of the world (for me at least) every time I open the book and read its pages! Brian O’ Hare is a very descriptive writer and really grabs your attention from page one. I was very pleased to note that this book is part of a series called the Inspector Sheehan Mysteries which means there is no farewell to the characters just yet. I’m looking forward to reading the next book in the series (as well as the first) and hope that there are many more to come.

My only issues are with the copy that I received. There were quite a few editing errors (about 5 or 6) whereby the final two sentences in certain paragraphs/chapters were muddled up. This was very confusing and frustrating at first, however easily figured out. If it wasn’t for these errors I would definitely rate the book at the highest rating, however I have bumped down my score by one star. These are minor editing errors and can be easily fixed. I would have loved to have rated the book the full four stars it deserves as the overall experience (in my opinion) was an excellent one. I am positive though that these have been pointed out already and by the time I submit this review it would have been cleared up.

My recommendation…Excellent Read!!!! I will definitely be back for more books from this author. If you enjoy the C/T/M/H genre, you will not be disappointed. This book will keep you guessing until the very end and then leave you wanting more.

My overall rating is 3 out of 4 stars!

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like emScar's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

It sucks when a novel with a good plot is hampered by editing and formatting errors. I rated the novel two out of four stars.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”