Review by Donnavila Marie01 -- 10 Step Plan to Promote Y...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Review by Donnavila Marie01 -- 10 Step Plan to Promote Y...

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book" by Scott Hughes.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book by Scott Hughes is a nonfiction book which is about a complete process on how to successfully promote your book. This is not just a must for aspirants or beginners but also, for those who have been in the industry bet getting nowhere or not taking off.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of the following: first, Scott’s presentation is very simple which every lay person could understand easily; second, it is not time demanding because his ideas are direct to the point. I finished the book in an hour. Well, that depends on how you want to read it but in my case, I was planning to finish the book in my own time frame but when I started reading it, I can’t stop because I felt like I was listening from an expert adviser over a cup of coffee. And lastly, his book, presents basic and practical process that most of us cannot think of because we often forget basic things and never realize that these very basic things are the answers to what we are looking for.

There are tens of millions around the world who want to write and publish their book but do not know when, where and how to start. This book is the answer. It gives us ten easy ways to successfully package our book in order to compete in the international market. We have to note that the competition is tough. It is indeed true that we have things in mind on how to approach or how to strategize to market our book but it pays so much to follow pieces of advice from an expert.

Working towards success is really a process that this book and its author testify. One cannot advance to something higher without doing the basics. One cannot solve bigger problems without trouble shooting simple ones. As the author says in this book, even if you have done things and still, you do not get what you ought to, maybe there’s something else that you failed to do or something else which you did not satisfy. What might this be? Well, this book would tell you everything

It might be true that we have our family, friends, colleagues, mentors who are always at the rescue to give us tidbits of their kind and encouraging words but this book would add up to what is given. It opened my mind about “quantity versus quality”, about “personal touch from a businesslike touch” and about, “waiting for the right time with proper ways”. I was also reminded about making the best out of me by exhausting human and non-human resources which help me save time, money and effort without so much stress. Make your success happen now.

10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Donnavila Marie01's review? Post a comment saying so!
John Cand
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-cand.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by John Cand »

Awesome review. I have been in the contemplation process of my first book for years now and I haven't been able to sit down and write it yet. This book sounds helpful.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Donnavila Marie01

Thanks. This book will surely help you. Strike the iron while it is hot. Good luck!
Vildah
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vildah »

I'd rate the book 2 out of 4. It's a very simple book that may motive someone or people but some may see it as " I tried it but didn't work" case. Its simplicity and easy to understand nature brings out questioning on whether it can really apply to help
Donnavila Marie01

Vildah wrote:I'd rate the book 2 out of 4. It's a very simple book that may motive someone or people but some may see it as " I tried it but didn't work" case. Its simplicity and easy to understand nature brings out questioning on whether it can really apply to help
Thanks for the comment. The steps given by the author are basics but we sometimes neglect them. This book is some kind of a reminder and helps us to self-chick if we applied the basics.

-- 19 Jun 2017, 17:38 --
Vildah wrote:I'd rate the book 2 out of 4. It's a very simple book that may motive someone or people but some may see it as " I tried it but didn't work" case. Its simplicity and easy to understand nature brings out questioning on whether it can really apply to help
Thanks for the comment. The steps given by the author are basics but we sometimes neglect them. This book is some kind of a reminder and helps us to self-chick if we applied the basics.
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Nice book for those who have always wanted to write books but didn't know how to go about it. Thank you for this review and i hope we will have more authors doing a great job.
aronalyn

Post by aronalyn »

its very good and full of interesting topic
Donnavila Marie01

Rosemary Okoko wrote:Nice book for those who have always wanted to write books but didn't know how to go about it. Thank you for this review and i hope we will have more authors doing a great job.
Thanks for the comment. This book does not offer extraordinary ways to be successful in publishing a book but it reminds us of the basics and guides us to satisfy the basic principles.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I have read the book already and liked it. I also gave it 4 stars. A guidebook that gives ten easy ways to successfully market books is a must-have for indie authors. I agree that Scott’s presentation is clear and easy to understand. A book that advises authors on promoting their book is necessary if they want to increase their sales. I am not an author, yet I found the book enlightening. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is a non-fiction reference book on marketing one's book for both new and seasoned writers. The book is free on Kindle Unlimited and has an awesome well-written OnlineBookClub review that I loved. I am looking foward to reading the book. Congrats @scottmhughes on the BOTD.
gloria liz

Post by gloria liz »

:tiphat: it is easily understandable and straight to the point
totally helpful😊
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

So many author's are going benefit from this book. Great review.
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1030
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

I don't usually go for self-help books, but this sounds like one I may need one day, as it can never hurt to get advice about promoting one's book...provided I ever get over my writer's block and finish my novel.
aacodreanu
Favorite Book: The Billionaires’ Handbook
Currently Reading: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit?
Bookshelf Size: 450
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aacodreanu.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by aacodreanu »

I agree with you that the book is easy to read, as I could see from the Amazon sample. So here is the plan: as I haven't yet written any book, I will read Scott's book first and then think about writing a book and have it published and marketed.
Thank you for the nice review. :doh:
tristenb
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tristenb.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by tristenb »

I enjoyed your review. It is clearly a quick read that is packed full of information. If I ever want to write a book, this is the first place I'd go.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”