Review by kimmiwrites -- 10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimmiwrites
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmiwrites.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review by kimmiwrites -- 10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book

Post by kimmiwrites »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book" by Scott Hughes.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The title of the book is pretty self-explanatory, but essentially the book is about how to best market your book to achieve the sales you want. Self-publishing can be hard especially if you are new to it and have no idea how to promote your book. The purpose of the book is to get you where you want to be.

While reviewing 10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book by Scott Hughes, I felt that I was very engaged in the writing. Hughes speaks to the everyday man, and the book was easy to understand. Considering that I am an author about to launch an e-book, I found the promotions in the book extremely helpful. There are ten steps throughout the book to help you to promote your book in the best ways possible. What I enjoyed most about the book was the steps themselves. There is a solid plan in place to help you stay focused on what needs to be done to properly market your book.

Some of the tips are common sense and yet they were still explained in a way that is helpful. I grew excited about the promotion of my book while reading the promotion options Hughes was offering up because some of them hadn’t even occurred to me and I knew that I would be using them myself. The first two steps in the book are the most important and they are something that a lot of writers don’t think much about but need to focus on before their book goes live. I didn’t find one step that I found to be redundant or unnecessary.

What I liked least about the book was that I wished the author would have gone into more detail about the steps. For example, there was one step that was a great promotion idea, but there wasn’t enough detail that I found that would allow me to execute it. I was a little stumped as to how to go about starting said promotion. Maybe the author thought it was obvious, but unless you are familiar with that particular area, it might be hard to do so.

Overall, I think this is a great book for writers who are new to the self-publishing world. There are plenty of tips to help you get to where you want to be, and that’s an author that sells books! I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

10 Step Plan to Promote Your Book
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kimmiwrites's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Kfamoofo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kfamoofo »

A great book that widen knowledge about how to achieve lot of good things in life

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”