Review of Man Mission

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosandra Hosein
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 164
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosandra-hosein.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Review of Man Mission

Post by Rosandra Hosein »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission: Four Men, Fifteen Years, One Epic Journey by Eytan Uliel is a captivating and inspiring exploration of friendship, self-discovery, and the pursuit of a meaningful life. Through the exhilarating adventures of four best friends, Uliel takes readers on a journey spanning fifteen years, filled with excitement, humor, personal growth, and profound insights.

The book follows the lives of the four friends as they embark on an annual tradition known as the Man Mission, where they leave behind their ordinary lives to travel to exotic locations and engage in challenging outdoor activities. These missions serve as catalysts for their personal growth, pushing them beyond their physical limits and providing them with opportunities to reflect on their lives, relationships, and individual identities.

The characters in this book are beautifully portrayed, with their flaws, vulnerabilities, and triumphs on full display. The friendships depicted are authentic and relatable, serving as a reminder of the value of companionship and support in navigating life's challenges. The book explores themes of marriage, fatherhood, career choices, and the search for meaning, providing a thought-provoking examination of what it means to be a man in today's society.

From the first page of the first chapter, I was hooked. I loved Eytan Uliel’s writing style. Uliel showcases an engaging writing style that effortlessly captivates readers from start to finish. His ability to blend humor and emotion creates a dynamic and entertaining narrative with moments of laughter and heartfelt introspection. His descriptive language paints vibrant landscapes, transporting readers to the various locations visited by the characters. Seamlessly transitioning between present-day adventures and flashbacks, the author provides deeper insights into the characters' lives and motivations. Moreover, the book initiated a great deal of introspection as it offered reflective moments that prompted readers to contemplate their own relationships, careers, and personal growth. His writing style was a delightful combination of engaging storytelling, descriptive prose, and insightful reflections, making Man Mission a truly enjoyable and thought-provoking read.

The only thing I would improve about this book is to have explanations of certain phrases or slang used so that it can further enhance the reading experience. That aside, I found no fault with this book; it was impeccably written and professionally edited. The storytelling was compelling, the pacing was well executed, and the themes were thoughtfully explored. I wholeheartedly rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

Based on the themes mentioned in Man Mission, this book is likely to appeal to a wide range of audiences. I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy adventure stories filled with thrilling outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and kayaking. Additionally, those interested in traveling and exploring different cultures will appreciate the vivid descriptions of the various destinations visited by the characters. The book also delves into personal growth, friendship, and the challenges of navigating life's ups and downs, making it relatable to readers who enjoy coming-of-age or midlife journey narratives. Furthermore, individuals who appreciate humor, heartfelt moments, and reflections on topics like relationships, marriage, parenthood, and career choices will find the book thought-provoking and enjoyable. This book contains no violence, but it has a moderate level of profanity, so it is recommended for readers to be over 18 years of age.

Man Mission is a captivating odyssey that will ignite your sense of adventure, touch your heart, and leave you pondering the true essence of life. Embark on this remarkable expedition with Eytan Uliel as he masterfully weaves together friendship, personal growth, and thrilling escapades across breathtaking landscapes. Get ready to be inspired, entertained, and challenged to redefine your own mission. Prepare for an unforgettable adventure that will resonate long after the final page is turned.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Rosandra Hosein
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Killing Shore
Bookshelf Size: 2389
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Male friendship is a fascinating subject and, as far as I know, not so often explored. Most books limit these friendships to some kind of colleagues (a couple of detectives, for example). It's nice to read about everyday men and their adventures and struggles. Great review!
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

I really enjoy reading books about lifelong groups of friends. However, they are usually focused on female relationships. So this book sounds like it would be fun to ride along on the exotic and adventurous trips of four male friends. Great job on the book review!
Rosandra Hosein
Currently Reading:

María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda wrote: 01 Jun 2023, 13:11 Male friendship is a fascinating subject and, as far as I know, not so often explored. Most books limit these friendships to some kind of colleagues (a couple of detectives, for example). It's nice to read about everyday men and their adventures and struggles. Great review!
I completely agree with you. This book was actually my first experience reading something like this from a man's point of view, and it opened up a whole new perspective for me. I'm glad you enjoyed the review!
Rosandra Hosein
Rosandra Hosein
Currently Reading:

Cheryl Erickson wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 10:53 I really enjoy reading books about lifelong groups of friends. However, they are usually focused on female relationships. So this book sounds like it would be fun to ride along on the exotic and adventurous trips of four male friends. Great job on the book review!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I completely understand what you mean. It's refreshing to come across a book that explores the dynamics of a close-knit group of male friends. I found it to be a fun and engaging experience.
Rosandra Hosein

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”