Review of Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Obasi Samuel ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obasi-samuel-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath

Post by Obasi Samuel ikechukwu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath" by Randy Miller.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Reading the book titled "Deadly Water" by Randy Millers will interest you to know how Monsanto Chemical Company sold Agent Orange to the military, which caused cancer and put the lives of some people and their families in agony without compensation through the unjust and erratic policies of Veteran Affairs (VA). 

This book centers on the adventure of a 17-year-old boy and how he was assigned to the destroyer USS Hawk DD894 as a young boy who has wanted to be a marine, skipped school, and has a friend who drives him to St. John Bury and also his seamen apprentice. Good men lost their lives during the Vietnam War. During the war, carrier jets were assigned different missions. In the south, they provided close air support for their military and the Army of the Veteran's Republic. North: They were flying air strikes designed to punish Ho Chi Minh and his boys in the China Sea. The U.S. Army dropped 8 million tons of bombs during the Vietnam War. Do you want to know more about the Vietnam War? I will advise you to grab a copy now.

The book came with a well-detailed explanation of all of its topics. The author's style of writing and his choice of words were clear and highly comprehensive. I didn't find any grammatical errors while reading, which shows that it was edited properly. 
There were some chapters in which I got confused a bit due to the use of southern will billy dialect, which made me slow down in reading to get what the author was actually saying.

I would rate this book 5 out of 5 stars, as what was said above is not enough to condemn it. I recommend this book to those who would love to know what happened in the Vietnam War.

Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chimdimma Divine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-divine.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Chimdimma Divine »

Well detailed review, will love to read the book
Ogidi Nmesoma Silvia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidi-nmesoma-silvia.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ogidi Nmesoma Silvia »

Great review I would love to read the book
Alissa Deann Devargas
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

There was so much to read in this book. Zack's story was interesting as he went through life as a Navy officer. However, I was incensed by the government's refusal to help him and other veterans who were affected by the Agent Orange.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”